General

Useful tips to care for your skin and to look youthful!

Created by:

19 Jul 2016 - General

• Make sure to have a healthy diet. Also make sure to include Vitamin E for your skin.
  • Drink 2-5 bottles of water each day.
  • Avoid vigorous rubbing - such as scratching or rubbing with a towel - as this can irritate the skin.
  • Wear sunscreen when you go outdoors and seek shade.
  • Use moisturizers fit for your skin
  • Get sufficient sleep as it rejuvenates and repairs itself mostly while you are asleep
  • Eat food with antioxidants (i.e nuts,spinach, raspberries, seeds, purple grapes)
  • Opt for natural skin products
  • Exercise to increase the circulation of oxygen and nutrients and releases toxins through sweat, which leads to clearer, firmer skin.
  • Salmon and other oily fish are rich in DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol), a compound that boosts muscle tone and is one of the must-have ingredients in expensive mature skin creams. Eating oily fish twice a week offers the same benefits.
  • To Soothe Skin...Get milkSoak a clean washcloth in cold milk and place it over your face for 10 minutes. Milk contains proteins, fat, amino acids, and vitamin A—all of which reduce redness and calm irritated skin. The lactic acid in milk exfoliates, so skin looks soft and glowing.
My mom just now, reminded me that I should stop scratching my face. LOL Jennifer!

Anyway, I have a very low maintenance skin care daily routine because I am lazy. I grew up doing ZERO but then I woke up one day and I realized I would be paying for my laziness so I started diligently removing my makeup at night and moisturizing. That's it though. I also drink a lot of water... I love water--and I exercise. Exercising regularly is good for your skin because you get to sweat a lot of ...
 (Total 158 words)
@Marinelle. You do not have photoaged skin so you do not need much. Maybe just sunscreen. Titanium dioxide is sticky? I think it depends on whether your sun screen is a gel, cream , spray , lotion or ointment. They have different viscosity. Growth factor must be used in patient who use retinoid frequently. Fibroblast growth factor products contain fibroblast secreted substance such as eoidermal growth factor, platelet derived growth factor and transforming growth factor all of which stimulate co...
 (Total 114 words)
I've never heard of a growth factor for skin protection. For those in the Philippines, is this available in the country? My personal skin regimen is very simple: Cleanse as necessary and moisturize. I also avoid putting any chemicals on my skin so I rarely use make ups. About sunscreens, the products that contain titanium dioxide are very sticky for everyday use. Does anybody know of a good brand that's not too thick/sticky? I just use a moisturizer that's SPF 15. I know its lacking ...
 (Total 117 words)
I actually do no agree with only 1 point which is : Opt for natural skin product. There is a high risk for contact dermatitis with natural products. The rest of the point are quite good. Cow's mild is actually a form of chemical peel we call lactic acid which is a glycolic acid! Cleopatra used grape wine which is tartaric acid another form of glycolic acid chemical peel. When we talk about treatment of photoaged skin we talk about 3 simple steps: Cleanse, treat and protect. Cleaning we gene...
 (Total 170 words)