General
Herbs for better cognitive function

Herbs for better cognitive function

Shared by:

Though rosemary, ginseng, and cinnamon may differ in taste and smell, they share something in common: all are known to boost the brain’s cognitive functions.

today.mims.com

20 Jul 2016 - General

Interesting article. I researched about 1,8 cineole, the compound found in rosemary that is said to improve cognitive abilities. I found a study which concludes that plasma levels of 1,8 cineole correlates with improved cognitive performance after exposure to rosemary essential oil aroma. This seems plausible because 1,8 cineole is lipid soluble and is able to cross the blood-brain barrier. Although the exact effect on neurons remains to be investigated, it is postulated to either have a direct ...
 (Total 159 words)
Yes agree that we should start researching into the active ingredient within rosemary, cinnamon and ginseng that can slow down the decline in our cognitive function. However what this article did not address is whether the positive impact permanent or temporary as well as the amount to take to have a significant impact on cognitive function. Which aspect of cognitive function is also important- the executive function, memory, higher speech etc. I will not mind taking extra dose of rosemary, cinn...
 (Total 128 words)
It is great to know that the natural herbs like rosemary, cinnamon, and ginseng do have positive impact on our cognitive function, with the possibility of slowing down the rate of cognitive decline in old age. Ginseng has been part of traditional Chinese medicines for a long times, and now some scientific research has showed that Ginseng could help to reduce the age-related decline in learning and memory aspects. Rosemary, which is a common herbs, also being showed to have a role in reducing cog...
 (Total 143 words)