General
This South Korean cloning facility promises to bring back your dead dog

This South Korean cloning facility promises to bring back your dead dog

Shared by:

The Sooam Biotech Research Foundation can reincarnate your dead dog, a service that would delight pet lovers - for US$100,000.

www.sciencealert.com

21 Jul 2016 - General

Oh but I didn't freeze my dead dog? Waaaaaaah! More than a year ago my beloved dog, "Binky" got attacked by a Chow chow while she was having her leisurely morning walk. The violent dog just attacked her from the back (even the one who was walking her) and she died. I was devastated. It took me awhile to finally have the heart to own another dog but a friend just delivered a dog to my clinic one day and I've had "Beckham" for a year now.

This is brilliant new...
 (Total 190 words)
Abomination! :( Cloning will not bring back my babies. I was told that I am not a dog lover but a dog parent hence the term "my babies". This actually reminds me of that movie "The 6th Day" with Arnold Schwarzeneger where their family dog dies and he was told to bring him to the pet cloning facility called "Re-pet". That cloned dog is not the lovable animal you cherished. If we want our dog to live on, aside from in our memories, might as well get some grandkids out...
 (Total 207 words)
I find it quite odd that 800 pet owners were desperate enough to resort to this technology. Not only is it impractical, but its useless. Like Ziwei mentioned, it will not be the same dog. The clone will look like your old dog, but its still a new puppy. I can sympathize with the feeling of losing a pet. It actually feels like losing a family member. However, that is the natural cycle of life. Nothing lives forever, so I don't see the point of going against nature and insisting to recreate so...
 (Total 116 words)
I agree that we can argue about the cloned dog not being the same dog that we lost. The clone will not have the memories of the experience we had with our dog. And as Ziwie points out, how long the clone will live is also a big question. But if I were a billionaire and I could afford 100 000 USD, I would definitely give it a try. The clone may not act as my dog, but if I'm going to get another puppy anyway, why not have one that looks exactly like the previous one. As the puppy grows, there...
 (Total 132 words)
I do not know much about Dog's genetics but do they have telomeres like Human do. If they do, what is the point of bring back a dead dog when we all know it is going to die prematurely. Even if they do not have telomeres, are there any part of the chromosomes that will determine the age of the dog? Anyway, the dog will not be the same as the old one since memories and cognition will all be different. This is not the same as immortality. It is just like conception just that instead of half yo...
 (Total 115 words)
This is pretty interesting especially to dog lovers out there. I had dogs, bonded with them and lost them but like any other average household, my family has gone through the process of losing somebody close to us. I am not going to have it any other way because, I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and that i wouldn't spend that much money to have my dead dog cloned (even if I have the money to do it). As for those who had it done, I don't see how it gave them the 100% s...
 (Total 144 words)
Ever lost a dog who grew up with you since your childhood? If you have, I don't have to explain the pain you went through to get over your lost companion. Even when you get yourself a new pet, it's often impossible to fill the hole your lost pet left you with. Well, thanks to the amazing work at this Korean research lab, you no longer have to mourn over the death of your best pal. They can revive your pets with latest state of the art cloning technology. You give them the body of your do...
 (Total 118 words)