General
Happiness is the best drug to survive cancer - or is it?

Happiness is the best drug to survive cancer - or is it?

Shared by:

Staying happy makes surviving the ordeal much easier, according to two cancer survivors. One of them, Rashidah Akbar Khan, 51, was diagnosed with stage-four ovarian cancer a year ago, and has made it a priority to live happily and spend time with her family.

today.mims.com

22 Jul 2016 - General

I agree happiness is important if you want to be motivated to complete your chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, complications, relapse. It is an exhaustive journey that requires a lot of motivation and support. Any emotional upheaval can result in increased perception on severity of symptoms and may tip the patient into depression. As it is a long journey from diagnosis to cure, the patient may not recover emotionally at the end of the journey despite of a cure. My patient develop anxiety at ...
 (Total 133 words)
"has made it a priority to live happily and spend time with her family" -- It's heart warming to see and hear stories from cancer patients who chose to looked at the brighter side of life, instead of sulking after being diagnosed of having the big "C". I know it isn't easy to stay optimistic but I believe that the more emotionally stable and positive we get towards life, the more we get out of life and the happier we become with our selves and with our loved ones. As ...
 (Total 115 words)
The best way to deal with a terminal illness is to accept the reality of dying. This is hard to accept for most of us because we are not used to thinking about the possibility of dying. However, it is the natural order of things. Everybody dies. There is no ideal time for dying that makes it favorable. For those with cancer, it is best to appreciate the positive aspects of knowing that you are dying. Not everybody gets to say goodbye before they die. These patients should use this time to spend ...
 (Total 155 words)
It’s the simple things in life that can make you happy, like spending time with family and friends, visiting your favorite places, enjoying delicious food, meditating and doing gentle exercises like going for walks or yoga. If you can, take a holiday, but not a city break, which can be very stressful. Instead, visit places of natural beauty.Learn to accept your condition and move forward. Once you’ve changed your perspective, the hunger for fame or fortune diminishes or even disappears, and you ...
 (Total 122 words)
Staying happy and be positive about life is always good whenever facing any unfavourable events in life. Having a diagnosis of “cancer” is a cruel fact to face in life, and usually people will be very upset, depress and be very negative about life. If the negative feeling lingers around for long time, it can make them in become mentally and physically weaker to fight against the disease. Staying happy with positive thinking is not a cure for everything, but they do help along the way, making the...
 (Total 120 words)
I do believe that happiness -- and a positive attitude -- really does work wonders in times of sickness. Studies have found that patients who have a more positive disposition were able to heal more quickly and felt less pain. Additionally, support from loved ones, along with quality time with family and friends, also works wonders for people with cancer and helps raise the chances of treatment and prolongs survival. Overall, many researches on the subject of happiness have also shown proof that ...
 (Total 103 words)