General
China under fire for HIV patient data leak

China under fire for HIV patient data leak

Shared by:

Beijing has drawn flak from the World Health Organization following the leak of personal information of HIV-positive individuals, which have been used by unscrupulous persons.

today.mims.com

22 Jul 2016 - General

I want to share to the world how Dr Olorun helped me cure my HIV/Aids with his herb i never believe it will work because i was introduce to him by my friend who was cure of HIV/Aids by Dr olorun. so i will tell you all who is looking for a cure to their HIV/AIDS, he took research before he could finally get the solution to it. thank God today am a beneficiary to these cure and i went back to the hospital after three (3) months of taking the herb and i was negative, and he also cure any kind of c...
 (Total 126 words)
Someone probably bought the list of HIV patient from an authorized person. According to the news I read, the scammer told the patient he can get subsidies for HIV treatment by calling a stipulated number which belongs to another province in China. Upon dialing the number, the person on the another line will request the patient to transfer a sum of money to a bank account. If the patient declines, he will be threaten exposure of his condition online unless the money is transferred immediately. Th...
 (Total 122 words)
It is already devastating to be tested positive with HIV--to be swindled by heartless individuals because you are infected, truly awful. I hope they get to trace the source of the leak because they should put a stop to this. It does not only violate patient confidentiality, it destroys an already vulnerable patient. Possibly unstable, given their condition--imagine if you had to be forced to PAY someone for fear of having your secret exposed. And you know how blackmails work---when you give in o...
 (Total 161 words)