General

18 Fun Facts About The Human Body

Created by:

22 Jul 2016 - General

Here you go, some fun facts about the human body to read in your tea break. Well, most of you all must be aware of the things mentioned here, but the way they have put it is really nice so thought I'd share it with you. My favorite is fact number 14. We secrete enough saliva to fill two swimming pools?  I don't know what's more disturbing about that. The fact that we secrete that much saliva, or the thought of a swimming pool filled with saliva! :D However there's one fact that I'm not a tiny bit amazed about, the feet producing a pint of sweat per day. Mine are probably secreting more! (I'm having palmoplantar hyperhidrosis) :D

http://www.thescienceworld.com/interesting-facts-you-might-not-know-about-human-body-infographic/#sthash.4fUPcUHC.eG0VpCx6.dpbs

Thanks for sharing this infographic. Its really nice! For me the most amazing fact is that our nose can remember 50,000 different scents! Actually among all the senses, I am very intrigued about the sensory function of the nose because there is still some mystery to it. Apart from having sensory nerve endings that are exposed as opposed to other sensory organs, I'm amazed at its capability to distinguish different scents and its connection to evoking memories. For example, a certain perfume ...
 (Total 122 words)
We make around 1 to 1.6 litres of saliva a day. Hence probably we should be able to fill the swimming pool in our lifetime unless it is cut short prematurely. I love the fact that there are 2.5 trillion (give or take) of red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones need to be produced every second by your bone marrow. This is many times greater than the world population. Sometimes as we thing about how big the universe is, We forgot ...
 (Total 122 words)