General

Medical Interview - Approach to tricky question- "What are your weaknesses?"

Created by:

24 Jul 2016 - General

I am sure that most of the people have been through a few different medical interviews (for basic traning, for specialty training, for advance training, for consultant post, for clinical lecturer post) by now. The medical interview can be challenging at time, and we know that we need to give the best performance in order to get the position we applied for. "What are your weaknesses?" can be tricky question during the interview, that some panels would like to ask.The approach to answer such a question will require some strategy response. We should not just list down a few of our weakness for the panels. The way to tackle this tricky question will be mentioning that you have identify some certain area that you know you are weak in, and has since put in some effort to try to improve (by learning from people, or by course, or by talking to people) it. is anyone has any better suggestion of how to tackle this tricky question in interview?? Any comments?

@Chih Chiang Nieh, yes personalized your answer based on your personal and unique experience, and try to related to the jobs you applying for, will be the best answer. The most important thing to remember is that every question they asked is indeed an opportunity for you to shine through. I would agree the question of “do you have any questions for me" is a tricky as well, and there are a few different approaches for it, depend on your personal preference. My approach to this question ...
 (Total 161 words)
In my opinion, to answer any interview questions, one must be answering truthfully, sincerely and not plagiarize from other sources. Nevermind if your answer is not a unique one, it is actually not the answer that matters but how you answer that matters. Body language also plays an important part and from there the interviewer will tell if you are truly sincere and honest about it. Of course, if your answer happens to be unique and impress the interviewer, it will be better. I remembered during ...
 (Total 173 words)
The other important aspect of answering this tricky interview question is to tailor the answer based on your personal experience and CV, and please don’t copy and follow the answer that can be easily Google on the internet. Personalized your “weakness”and showed them what you did to overcome it. I would say those reason like “leave work late, not being assertive enough, perfectionist, control freak, people –pleaser” are the common answer that the panels might get from most of the candidates. So ...
 (Total 138 words)
Isn't there like a PROPER list of weaknesses that one can declare? They say that in such interviews, you have to choose a weakness that you can easily control and make an asset. For instance, you can say that you are a PERFECTIONIST/METICULOUS which will mean that take time to criticize and go through every detail to an extreme extent that makes it exhaustive; a CONTROL-FREAK and perhaps say that you have the tendency to micromanage because you want to stay on top of things; a PEOPLE-PLEASER...
 (Total 148 words)
I think the most difficult question will be "What are your weaknesses"" and “What would your worst critic say about you?” It is important to state a weakness that is either a positive or a negative that you have overcome. This could include “not being assertive enough, so I took assertiveness training and had discussions with senior colleagues,” “I used to leave work late but I have now taken steps to improve my work-life balance and try to finish on time,” or perhaps “I take on t...
 (Total 191 words)