General

As a Retail Pharmacist what kind of support do you want from your suppliers?

Created by:

26 Jul 2016 - General

With the proliferation of pharmacies in every country, it's getting harder to differentiate yourself and provide innovative services. As a retail pharmacist or even as part of the public seeking pharmacists or pharmacies, what do you think can be improved in terms of support from suppliers or manufacturers to innovate and provide different services to you and your customers?

Hi Virgilio, I agree that it is important to have a holistic view of all parties involved in this chain of supply and demand. It would be great to have a significant number of input and views from the public (Pharmacist, Supplier, Patient groups) to be able to come up with a comprehensive medicine / service charter for patients that can help provide quality care to the patients. However, at this juncture I have not checked if such an initiative is already underway, and even if I were to initiate...
 (Total 168 words)
To help begin the conversation about what patients should expect from retail Pharmacist the Supplier or manufacturer is coproducing with patients, patient groups and the public a list of expectations that can be used to let patients and the public know what they can expect from their retail pharmacist professionals. The expectations can also be used to help other healthcare professionals to see how retail pharmacists can contribute to integrated delivery of care in the community. Once the retai...
 (Total 128 words)
Hi Ziwei! Thanks for the awesome reply. You're right, coming from a different setting you are more equipped to note the shortcomings in the current services offered, and even as a pharmacist I never thought of this as a service. Most times the doctor will call the phrmacy to check on availability, but now everyone is online almost all the time so a real time live chat application/service would be really great. Thank you for the comment and idea :) Hopefully I'll be able to implement some...
 (Total 93 words)
I am not a pharmacist but i run a clinic with a small dispensary. I depend a lot on retail pharmacy since a lot of medication is not stored in my clinic. I strongly suggest retail pharmacy to have a real time chat application with the clinics so that when we thought of prescribing our patient certain medication, we can we sure they can get it from a particular pharmacist, Some medication are uncommon like anti convulsant, Ivermectin cream etc. It will help us doctors a lot. The economic aspect...
 (Total 101 words)