General

Best Breakfast and Afternoon Tea in London - The Wolseley

Created by:

26 Jul 2016 - General

The Wolseley is restaurant located at 160 Piccadilly, London, next to the Ritz Hotel. It was opened in November 2003. It was ranked 41st and 49th in S. Pellegrino’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants in 2004 and 2005 respectively. Due to its proximity to the many hedge fund offices in St James, it has a reputation as a venue for corporate entertainment, being named as the “Best Restaurant for Business” in “Harden’s London Restaurants 2010”. Till now, it is still one of the best restaurant to have breakfast and afternoon tea in London. Superb ambience, with luxurious classical British style decoration. Their selection of tea and their hot chocolate are truly fantastic.    Their mixed basket as well as the Eggs Benedict are certainly one of the best in the region. Would like to visit again for afternoon tea and try out their scones. 

@Ziwei: Of course I have eaten there before - it was about 8 years ago. Have been to lots of places with good food. At Woseley, the ambience and if you really want a London style afternoon tea or branch would be good. But of course if you want to talk about top food then will be places in Modena like Osteria Francescano, Housteria Gausti etc. My favourite will be Sterireck at Statpark in Vienna.
Paris is abit overrated, tried L'Arpege - ranked 19 in the world, but is just some overpriced...
 (Total 93 words)
Looks steep on the price. Have you eaten there before? Whenever I was in London, I will drop by Lobster and Burger for their set meal which cost 25 pounds. You get a big lobster and choice of either burger or chips. They have a branch located at the Soho area. Covent market is a must.A lot of food there with a newly open Jamie Oliver. However it is always fully occupied. At the basement of Covent market, there will be an orchestra playing and its adds to the wonderful ambience. I guess there mus...
 (Total 130 words)