General
Pharmacy School & Pharmacist Careers | How to Become a Pharmacist

Pharmacy School & Pharmacist Careers | How to Become a Pharmacist

Shared by:

Pharmacists must attend pharmacy school and undergo rigorous training in order to dispense medication. Learn about pharmacy degrees and courses.

www.learnhowtobecome.org

26 Jul 2016 - General

The pursuit of a Pharmacy career is an exciting one! The Pharmacy degree equips one to know about various subjects, from pharmaceutical care, to dosage forms, to pharmacology, plant drugs, toxicology, chemistry and biochemistry, and even pharmaceutical marketing and administration! These various courses train the future pharmacist to know the various aspects of a career in the field of Pharmacy. Plus, once you finished your Pharmacy degree, your career choices are very flexible. You can go into ...
 (Total 168 words)
Pharmacists fill prescriptions, inspecting the orders and all related information for accuracy. You'll instruct patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine, and relate any contraindications and side effects that may be experienced. You'll also advise patients on general health topics like diet, exercise and managing stress, and on the proper equipment and supplies to help manage health conditions. Where you'll work: Pharmacies and drugstores, hospitals, department stores, ...
 (Total 177 words)
B.Pharm. subjects in india

Semester : I
FUNDAMENTALS OF PHARMACEUTICS
INTRODUCTION TO PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY
HUMAN ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND HEALTH EDUCATION
INTRODUCTION TO PHARMACOGNOSY
FUNDAMENTALS OF PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS
FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN PHARMACY
BASIC MATHEMATICS (SUPPLEMENTARY COURSE)
ENGLISH &COMMUNICATION SKILLS (SUPPLEMENTARY COURSE)
Semester : II
PHARMACEUTICS- I (UNIT OPERATIONS - I)
PHYSICAL PHARMAC...
 (Total 262 words)
Nice. In my country, after GCE A level examination, the candidate applies to the university pharmacy course . If selected, they will attend a 4 year direct honors pharmacy undergraduate degree course. The current chief executive officer of one of the biggest health care group in Singapore was a pharmacist. Sometimes, the job of a pharmacist is under appreciated. Besides dispensing medication, some of them do a lot of research for giant pharmaceutical companies and cosmetic companies. I have neve...
 (Total 109 words)