General
Classical Music Effects on the Brain and Body | Reader's Digest

Classical Music Effects on the Brain and Body | Reader's Digest

Shared by:

Classical music may actually make you healthier. Here’s how Mozart and Vivaldi could help you become smarter, healthier, and even get a good night’s rest.

www.rd.com

26 Jul 2016 - General

I'm a classical music lover. Although I am more fond of listening to Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Philip Glass. I'm not sure if I am enjoying those benefits as mentioned but listening to classical music usually makes me feel more calm and relaxed. There have been studies on classical music and its effect on cognitive function. One interesting journal was a comparative study between exposure to Mozart and Albinoni (a Baroque composer) and its effect on an IQ subtest. The authors concluded tha...
 (Total 138 words)
I remember there was a recent discussion on the MIMS community about the use of music as a therapy for physical and mental unwellness. And then I came across this article on Readers Digest that lists '10 Wondrous Things That Happen to Your Body When You Listen to Classical Music' According to the article, listening to classical music helps to lower blood pressure. Music can improve the quality of your sleep and lessen the pain, both mental and physical. Research have also shown that musi...
 (Total 108 words)