General
Allergies and climate change: understanding the understated relationship

Allergies and climate change: understanding the understated relationship

Shared by:

Unrelated to medical practice at first glance, the initiative of physicians to tackle the changing climate is more than appropriate to their calling. Via an exclusive interview with Dr. Frances Tan during the forum held in conjunction with World Allergy Week 2016, we take a look at how climate change is a direct contributor to the well-being of Earth's human inhabitants. World Allergy Week is a yearly observance of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), together with the Philippines Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Inc (PSAAI) and other member societies.

today.mims.com

27 Jul 2016 - General

Hi Priscilla. I am sorry to hear about your condition. Not being able to take your own breath is one of the worst things that can happen to a person. Sorry that you have to go through that suffering. The relationship between the climate and the increase in the cases of asthma, mild to severe allergic reactions and other diseases is fairly evident in countries like Sri Lanka that are close to the equator as well. Although we don't have well established seasons, there is a notable increase in ...
 (Total 113 words)
Considering these aspects governments worldwide and international organizations such as the World Health Organization and European Union are facing a growing problem of the respiratory effects induced by gaseous and particulate pollutants arising from motor vehicle emissions.In addition, climate change may significantly worsen health inequities within and among countries and put additional stress on poorer groups. Strategies to reduce climate changes and air pollution are political in nature, bu...
 (Total 141 words)
Climate change a predisposing factor to trigger our asthma? Okay here's another informativd discussion for my fellow asthmatic community respondents. I was just recently diagnosed to have an asthma few months ago and still have this undeniably denial feeling of having one. I just couldn't accept the fact that I have trouble nowadays dealing with my health. I used to be athletic doing ballgames, basketball, jogging, running name it. But how sudden things have changed a lot for me, I can&#...
 (Total 168 words)