General
Why martial arts is good for kids

Why martial arts is good for kids

Shared by:

What parents are unaware of is that there are tremendous health benefits when their children take up some form of martial arts. The most obvious are they will be moving their bodies, expending energy and developing their lungs, heart, bones and muscles.

today.mims.com

28 Jul 2016 - General

@Ziwei: he was mean and he deserved it! I see your point about possible head injury and exposure to violence. As head injury, as you said, is self explanatory, violence on the other hand I feel is really dependent on how it is taught and further supported at home. We really need to save the youth from obesity. I would go biking, play basketball and go running at times with an 11 and 10 year old and I am in way better shape then them as they would tire so quickly. That got me concerned as when I ...
 (Total 124 words)
Overall, I think sports is just really good for children. When I was young, I was sickly and asthmatic, but my dad made me take swimming classes, taekwondo and I participated in a lot of track activities growing up. I, eventually, became stronger. I have overcome my asthma (unless you do not expose me to allergens) but strenuous activities do not bring me down anymore. Anyway, I agree with this article when it says that today's children are more prone to obesity due to their sedentary lifest...
 (Total 196 words)

@Ziwei Xie, i don’t think learning martial art will be something that promoting violence. People can be violence without the need of learning martial art, or maybe martial art can be used as part of the violence activity. I would say you should definitely let your kids learn martial art, who know 1 day in the future he will become the boxing legend or Taekwondo champion or professional fighter in UFC. Doing any sport will have some small risk of injury, like broken leg in football, pull...
 (Total 115 words)
Muscular power, flexibility and coordination represent the basics of martial arts. In this regard, martial arts training represents an effective method for enhancing muscular power and range of motion (i.e. flexibility) in young kids. It is also a healthy sports that keep the child away from television, smart phones and computer games. I will definitely consider putting my child in martial arts classes. However I firmly believe they should be non contact in nature and no risk of head injury. My ...
 (Total 158 words)
Martial arts is a discipline. It teaches, as @You Yi Hong said, discipline, improving on focus, concentration and mental health. Sure it is a form of "fighting" which equals violence but that really depends on how it is taught and how the parent explains it to their kid. It is a good form of exercise and allows the kid to interact with others. It develops their social skills and keeps them healthy. Instead of them sitting at home playing computer or watching TV they should go out and b...
 (Total 152 words)
Martial art is one of sporting activities that is beneficial for the kids to learn. The most obvious advantage of learning martial art is to promote active healthy life-style with regular exercise, prevent the sedentary lifestyle that can contribute to obesity among the kids. Apart from improving the physical fitness level, learning martial art can also help the kids to develop discipline, improving on focus, concentration and mental health. We should cast away the myth of martial art is equiva...
 (Total 109 words)