General
Scientists think they've found a hormone that reverses cell ageing in humans

Scientists think they've found a hormone that reverses cell ageing in humans

Shared by:

Scientists have identified a male hormone that reverses cell ageing, potentially setting up new treatments to counter diseases caused by cells getting old and worn out.

www.sciencealert.com

28 Jul 2016 - General

In my personal opinion, the process of ageing is multifactorial - genetics, environmental exposure, biological immunity etc. That is why it is difficult to look for a sole factor that can address longevity. As for the use of Danazol to combat the aging process, I doubt it if women would want to live longer if they will be chronically virilized by this medication. While it is interesting to research on medications or factors that will promote longevity, I think that it is the quality and not the ...
 (Total 123 words)
Well, the mechanism underlying this discovery is not so miraculous. For a quite while it is know that telomere shortening is linked to cellular aging and cell death. And many scientists are studying this mechanism deeply and doing research to see if it is possible to reverse or at least delay this process. If cellular aging could be halted, that would make a person near immortal. The recent discovery by Brazilian and US scientists has shown that Danazol, a synthetic steroid hormone that is well-...
 (Total 137 words)