General
Future doctors, the country needs you - PH VP Robredo

Future doctors, the country needs you - PH VP Robredo

Shared by:

During her speech last Saturday at the 107th graduation rites of the UP College of Medicine (UPCM), and Philippine General Hospital (PGH) Post Grad Internship Program, Philippine Vice-President Leni Robredo stirred on the graduates serving the country first.

today.mims.com

29 Jul 2016 - General

The healthcare sector in our country are being left out. Good to see that Vp Robredo already expressed her concerns and plans for this sector. As the matter of fact, we can't really blame our competent doctors if they seek for better opportunities abroad. Aside from professional growth, theres a big difference when the compensation comes in. It is in our culture that we will do everything to help our family financially. So, this is one of the many reasons why doctors chooses to go abroad...
 (Total 111 words)
This is another though that each healthcare sector must reconsider. One of the top reasons why people have been migrating and working in other countries is due to lack of due compensation and salary. Really, maybe not for all but this applies for most the population including myself. I'd really love seeing myself serve my countrymen than serving other people. But there are things that we need to consider with each decision we are about to take up. We also need to suffice our needs and of cou...
 (Total 129 words)
There's no denial that our country is facing a huge dilemma in the healthcare sector. Because of inadequate compensation, poor working conditions and increasing cost of living, a lot of healthcare providers leave the country or even abandon medical practice. I have witnessed the effect of increasing exodus of nurses from the country. More often than not, they just stay to gain enough experience, about 2-3 years and then they apply for foreign employment. This cripples the healthcare system b...
 (Total 146 words)
Bless your heart, Jennifer. Hands down to people like you, who would be spend their time going on medical missions and give free services to many patients. But I understand that this can't go on forever. VP Robredo is right that the country needs doctors, or even nurses too. The healthcare system in the Philippines should be one of the priorities of the newly elected government officials. They should look into providing better compensation to the doctors. At the end of the day doctors are hu...
 (Total 104 words)
She ended her speech on a very hopeful note, “When we are given the chance to serve, let’s grab it.”- She is right but given how hard the situation is here in the Philippines words of hope isn't enough to keep Filipino doctors here. The work is difficult and the compensation may be not enough especially if you have a family to take care of. Unless the economical situation changes the brain drain will not improve. We give our services for free to many patients. I go on medical missions and gi...
 (Total 164 words)