General
5 reasons why people think being admitted to a hospital is a hassle

5 reasons why people think being admitted to a hospital is a hassle

Shared by:

Being sick is distressing. To most people, having to stake it out within the confining walls of any medical institution is akin to being in a prison. Knowing that you can be afflicted with a long-term illness or disability hovers your thoughts to the realms of negativity, as hospitals are associated with afflicting misery and sombreness. Here are five reasons why some people avoid being admitted to hospitals and how healthcare professionals can alleviate the worries of their patients.

today.mims.com

29 Jul 2016 - General

@Priscilla, that must have been awful. Being confined is hard already, being confined while you're far from family is even worse. I hate being in the hospital too--apart from the expense, it's just all kinds of hassle. I agree with you.

@Marinelle, I agree with you on all points. Even as a watcher, the waking up every 4 hours? It is not easy to sleep in the hospital and to be constantly roused for checks. Ugh. But it's all part of it. I've been confined twice, I think. ...
 (Total 165 words)
I have been confined to the hospital, so I know how it feels to become a patient. I must admit that it can really be a hassle. First, you are perpetually awakened at least every 4 hours for your vital signs. Second, your mobility is impaired depending on the number of monitoring devices and intravenous lines that's stuck to your body. Third, it feels like you're in prison because usually you are asked to stay within the room. Fourth, if you have a lot of visitors, it can be pretty stress...
 (Total 155 words)
I remember my personal experience being hospitalize just earlier this year. I was worried about my health having cough and weight loss, so I decided to be admitted and have myself checked. I get to be admitted as direct to room anyway, no need to worry about that waiting lists. On the first few days of my admission, antibiotics, inhalations, nasal sprays and expectorants has been given. However on the fourth day, I was having evident wheezing that you can audibly hear without using any stethosco...
 (Total 228 words)
This is true for both of my parents, in different degrees but in the general sense, they would rather avoid doctors and hospitals (as much as possible). My father stretched his limit to the very end because he did not like going to the hospital or subjecting himself to a doctor. #5 is so true for him, "I already know what I have" and he insists that he's all covered. And then there's the rejection of the hospital routine: rounds, questions, medicines, shots, tests, helplessness...
 (Total 216 words)