General

How frequently would you upgrade to a new mobile phone?

Created by:

29 Jul 2016 - General

There are some of us who switch their phones for the latest model every now and then. And there are some who stick with their old phone until that no longer can make a call. Smart phones are increasingly become popular among doctors, but I have seen a significant proportion who still use simple keypad type mobile phones. It is not because they can't afford a new phone. The common reason for that as they say when questioned is that they think switching the phones and migrating all the contacts messages, pictures etc. to the new phone is more hassle than the benefit of a new smartphone. Which type of person are you? Would you take the trouble of moving your content to get the latest phone, or would you rather stick to your mobile till it breaks?

Smartphone technology really did grow rapidly over the years. I was in high school when texting started to become a thing here and now I can video chat with people on my phone. It is like the growth with computers. In elementary I had to deal with the green color/ black and white types screen with the huge CPUs and 5 inch floppy disks to now holding a tablet and sharing information via cloud. I am also on a cell carrier contract so every 2 years I do have the choice to change my phone. Though as...
 (Total 120 words)

The market for smart phones is very competitive, with on-going renewal of new latest model. Is exciting and attractive to get a new phone every few years!!!! There is always new feature or up-grade for the new current version of smart phone. For me personally, I am always with a contract rather than pay as you go, so I have the option to get a new smart phone every 2 years, with certain lower price tag for each specific smart phone. I have been using iPhone all along the away, and will be a...
 (Total 115 words)
Smartphone NIrvana, I agree with Jennifer on that. Smartphone technology grew so fast in a matter of few years, and now it looks like it has reached some kind of a plateau. Developers put more pixels into the camera, more inches to the screen, but there isn't significant improvement over the previous generations.
@Marinelle I do tend to change my phone every 1-2 years, mainly because I get bored by using the same phone. I always upgrade to a new brand, so their operating system and the ...
 (Total 144 words)
Like Jennifer I also like technology. I've tried several brands since the days of Nokia. So far, the top three brands that I like using are: Samsung, HTC and iPhone. Before I took a leave from work, I use 2 phones: iPhone5s (my work phone) and a BlackberryZ10 (my personal phone). It's quite a hassle, but I used to do this because I'm trying to separate my work life from my private life. However since I'm on leave, I decided to keep one line open which is the iPhone5s. I'm kee...
 (Total 125 words)
I am a very techy person and did go through a few mobile switches over the years. Though once I got an iphone, which actually was a hand me down iphone 5, I feel like I have basically reached smartphone nirvana. Though I may need to switch to a newer model soon as the 16gig capacity does not suffice and it is starting to slow down on me as certain apps would crash or run slower. I may not be the stick to the good old phone because I don't want to go through the hassle of transferring files c...
 (Total 135 words)