General
Pros and cons of working as a Psychiatric Nurse

Pros and cons of working as a Psychiatric Nurse

Shared by:

There are some advantages gained for Registered Nurses who love working within the mental health field. From being out of the usual healthcare settings such as hospitals, you can work for various organizations including national psychiatric association and mental health agencies as well as providing your services in assisted living facilities. On the other hand, working in this area would make you think twice as dealing with psychiatric clients with mental disorders on a daily basis can be stressful to some nurses.

today.mims.com

30 Jul 2016 - General

I am not a psychiatric nurse but as a student nurse wayback our college years, we get to have exposure to mental hospitals. Dealing with these patients is really no joke. To be in, you must have a strong personality to combat and balance between your work and your personal life. Or else you'll get to have this shared psychosis I guess? I have several patients which as nurses who tend to become bipolar and cultural shock and family relationships has triggered to their condition. In terms of s...
 (Total 124 words)
Mental health nurse is a great fulfilling career that constantly involved in helping the most vulnerable group of people in the society. As the article has pointed out, there are still a lot of on-going public’s stigmas of people suffering from mental illness, likely due to low public awareness with regards to this condition. Psychiatry nurses will always be there to support, help and improve the life for patients with mental illness. In addition, there are many precious life lessons that mental...
 (Total 109 words)
Mental health nurse is a great fulfilling career that constantly involved in helping the most vulnerable group of people in the society. As the article has pointed out, there are still a lot of on-going public’s stigmas of people suffering from mental illness, likely due to low public awareness with regards to this condition. Psychiatry nurses will always be there to support, help and improve the life for patients with mental illness. In addition, there are many precious life lessons that mental...
 (Total 109 words)