General

Law of Attraction

Created by:

30 Jul 2016 - General

Another sidetrack from medicine, I was just come across the "Law of Attraction" and is seem like an inetersting concept !!! is anyone out there familliar with it? Some quotation mentions that "when you think of the things that you want, and you focus on them with all of your intention, then the law of attraction will give you exactlywhat you want" !!!!!! And it is impersonal and does not see good things or bad things. And when you focus on the thing that you don't want, the law of attraction will not bias to wants or don't wants, and it will manifest the thing that you are thinking of, the things that you don't want... It sound bizarre.. Any brillant idea out there with regards to this "Law of Attraction" ???

A lot of friends can attest to this law. It seems to be true sometimes although I am quite skeptic because it can be circumstatial. I did some reading and it appears that there several neurologic associations with this. One anatomical explanation is the phenomenon of “mirror neurons”. There is actually a TED talk on this but I cannot remember the title. Anyway, these mirror neurons enable us to imitate some behavior of people we observe by activating these mirror neurons. Usually these are locat...
 (Total 136 words)
It is good that “law of attraction” can possibly work. I would say it is all related to the power of “positive thinking” and the great will of executing “what we want to do in live”. I believe that if you are dreaming and thinking of becoming a multi-millionaire, and you did not do anything practical for the goal, the “law of attraction” should not be working, maybe with a big winning in lottery. @ Maria Cristina Inserto, it is interesting to know that your friend did use “law of attraction ...
 (Total 127 words)
I have a friend who believes in this so much. He's in real estate broker and he has a few businesses. And he's quite successful. When he first talked to me about his strong belief on the "law of attraction", he said that much of his successes were too far-fetched, but he's the type to THINK IT and WILL IT, and then it becomes his reality. It's an instantaneous, but he's achieved most of his successes that way. A little segue from this, he claims that he used "...
 (Total 196 words)
So you are trying to say we will get what we focus on be it in a negative or positive way. I think it is quite true. Borrowing from pyschology model of system 1 and system 2 process of thinking, our decision is affected by what we come across despite the fact that we like to believe we are not that easily manipulated. For example, if you are to chose between 2 candidate in an interview, you will more likely to choose a name that you have came across recently and not one that you have never come ...
 (Total 179 words)