General

More sex please, we’re Swedish

Created by:

30 Jul 2016 - General

Do you agree that government should be concern about report of the citizen not having sex suffiently?The Swede government may be declaring war on a worsening sex life in Swede. I heard of policy to increase birth rate, GDP, education level, trade etc but this is the first time I read government concern about the sex life! Health Minister Gabriel Wikström said in the 20 years since the last survey into the country’s sexual habits, newspapers have been reporting that Swedes are having less sex. He said that “while our whole society seems permeated by sex, in everything from advertising and social media to much of daily life, the topic is still shrouded by shame … and absent from the political debate.” “How can we change attitudes,” he asked, “when so many people, from parents and teachers to senior officials, are so obviously uncomfortable when talking about sex?”He added that “sex is not, and never has been, a purely private matter. Sex is also a matter of human health, and from that perspective, a political issue.” 

"Say that here in the Philippines and someone might throw holy water on you." Yes. I think so too or you'll get the Cersei Lannister walk of shame. Haha. Anyway, when I was in London, we used to watch this weird show called "Eurotrash" and it's just all about SEX. It's a 30-minute show featuring all kinds of stories and when I first saw it I thought it was so weird. But then Europe is really sex-crazed I think (no offense). They have sex conventions and they featu...
 (Total 180 words)
He added that “sex is not, and never has been, a purely private matter. Sex is also a matter of human health, and from that perspective, a political issue.” --- uhhh ok. Well it seems to be a cultural issue. Say that here in the Philippines and someone might throw holy water on you. hehe I agree with @Theekshana about legalizing prostitution and doing their services for free as being absurd. What would one call this? Prostitution for Charity? As weird as this all sounds I would like to know more...
 (Total 113 words)
Prostitution is legal, that means anyone can work as a sex worker. But they are not allowed to pay them for their service. The only deduction I can make from that statement is that prostitutes are supposed to work for free! That is absurd. Legalizing prostitution, whether it is good or bad is debatable. It can reduce the rates of rape and other sexual violence and also as the Sweden minister says can uplift the health status. But on the other hand the country is also at risk of seeing a rise in ...
 (Total 127 words)