General

Is this necessary?

Created by:

30 Jul 2016 - General

Picture says a thosand words. When I saw this picture ,words came to me in a flash. " Duterte", " Vigilantes", " Really a drug pusher?", " Justifiable?, "Poignant". In the endevour to eliminate the drug problem, Duterte has encourage vigilantes and police to kill drug pusher. However as we cheer the number of drug pushers killed daily, Did we lose the very essence of humanity? Beside seeing the person as a potential drug pusher did we see him as a " lovely husband to someone", " A responsible father to a child"and " A loving son of a mother" . While is is arguable this man is a drug pusher who destroy lives of others by selling them drugs, he is probably a very small player while the real kingpin is at large. He may well be a drug pusher driven by circumstances and social problem. Should Duterte not just target the kingpins and leave the drug pusher to rehabilitate? His plan in Davos may work but now we are talking about an entire country and population. 

It is sad that this is how justice is for criminals now (if they even are), but I would also want to pause and check, first, if it is Duterte's doing. A few things: (1) It could be his administration, and this could be how he does things; (2) It may be a bust gone sour, where the criminal fought back, so the need for guns; (3) It may be the work of bad cops who want to cover their tracks; (4) It may be the work of drug lord or enemy cartels, cleaning their down line. To date, there are thous...
 (Total 208 words)
Well, in my opinion, it would be easy to assume that Duterte is behind all this. Because well, Davao is known to have a very low crime rate, thanks to Duterte and his alleged hiring of vigilantes to sweep down these people.

But I am still skeptical whether he is behind all of these or his detractors are the real masterminds. I know that he has made a lot of enemies trying to weed out the corrupt of the system.

He is still a lawyer, he knows the rules. But then, we know too tha...
 (Total 108 words)
Can someone kindly translate what is in the post behind? Just curious whether it is something related to the incident. After a quick google search I figured that Duterte is the president of the Philippines (Sorry didn't know that before) and that he is alleged to run a vigilante organization that kills local criminals, drug dealers and thefts on the street. Is it only an allegation, or is it well known that he's tied to this organization? My feelings about that is, well.. I don't kno...
 (Total 124 words)
From what I have gathered, President Duterte ordered the police to use their guns when arresting these people, if they try to fight back and escape the police while being arrested. To be honest, it is quite alarming that hundreds of killings have already happened since he became president. Just a few days ago, there was a report that some of those who were killed are not drug users. However, it is unclear who killed them. The senate vouched to investigate these extra-judicial killings and to che...
 (Total 136 words)
Yes it is sad when i hear my Philippine friends complaining they cannot leave the house at night as they are worried they may be gunned down for no good reason. I wonder what is the story between the girl in the photo and the guy she was holding onto. It felt like they were deeply in love and she cannot let go of him. Despite the crowd milling around and camera light flashing, she seemed to be immersed in her own intense melancholy stupor. It tugged at the heart string of anyone looking at it an...
 (Total 102 words)
Did we lose the very essence of humanity?- This echoes in my head as well. It deeply saddens me to see this going on here in the Philippines. A heard a child comment on why is there a blood bath in the Philippines. Blood bath. Such a horrible term to hear from a child. We cannot turn a blind eye to this. There are different takes on the killing of these drug pushers. They say it is Duterte's work where he has his own men dispersed to do the dirty work. They also say that it is the work of t...
 (Total 134 words)