General
Cosmetic doctor gets jail time for molesting, drugging patient

Cosmetic doctor gets jail time for molesting, drugging patient

Shared by:

An aesthetic doctor was sentenced to 42 months in jail for molesting a male patient and sedating him with stupefying drugs.

today.mims.com

1 Aug 2016 - General

I think, the fact that the "procedure" was done in a hotel room is reason enough to discredit anything that the defense will throw. You cannot say that the photos were used for a future augmentation procedure---why did you have to drug the patient for it? There's a lot of loose ends in this story: Why were they in hotel--was it a date? Was the patient lured into the hotel? Why was the procedure done in the hotel room? Maybe it's some kind of revenge story, but sadly, he forgot ...
 (Total 144 words)
It is sad to see a fellow doctor make such a horrible mistake. Sedating a patient, albeit a doctor in this case, for 2 days to take advantage of him is unacceptable. He not only breached the doctor-patient confidentiality but also put the patient's life at risk. There was a somewhat similar incident in our country in the Visayas region a few years back. A homosexual patient was scheduled to undergo surgery because an empty deodorant can was stuck in his rectal area. In an inexplicable and em...
 (Total 135 words)
Totally agree. This topic was posted earlier last well and we were talking about it before. This famous and senior aesthetic doctor made a serious mistake which costed his reputation and tarnished his name. Which is why whenever we practise, must follow good clinical practice guidelines. Could it be a sabotage from the patient's side to amplify his mistakes? We all will not know the exact details and why he had done so, the only person who knows this would be the aesthetic doctor himself. Co...
 (Total 104 words)
"Tan’s lawyer Edmond Pereira added that his client, in addition to being a prominent aesthetic doctor, has contributed significantly to the field of aesthetic medicine and has traveled to several countries to conduct workshops, seminars and lectures."- I believe I stated here before that it is sad how one mistake of a doctor makes all their good deeds forgotten. I although don't think that it applies to this situation. It wasn't a mistake but a deliberate act of lasciviousness....
 (Total 178 words)
A lot of things are off in this story. Operations requiring sedation should be performed in institutions with established rules and protocol. This would be a protection to the patient as well as the doctor from any malpractice issues. I'm wondering why was the procedure done at a hotel instead of a clinic or hospital where necessary tools are available should an emergency occur? It's scary to think what if the suspect was not caught. What might be the other things he are doing to other p...
 (Total 112 words)
I posted it a few days ago. Yes this is ludicrous. This doctor is a total shame to our community. To drug a patient, molest and taking compromising photo of the victim is an utterly heinous crime. Not only had he breached the doctor-patient relationship, he broke the law. It is a criminal charge against him. I do not understand why he has to do this. He probably will never practice again. Having said this, I wonder who the victim is. The number of doctors in SIngapore is small and for the paper...
 (Total 111 words)