General
Nurses: Balancing a healthy salary and a healthy you

Nurses: Balancing a healthy salary and a healthy you

Shared by:

Many nurses out there are striving to achieve just that right balance of eking out a living and actually living life, which can be considered ‘healthy’. Many find themselves unable to let go due to the money involved, and find it impossible to decide between good pay/high position and personal interests. But is it really necessary to choose between one or the other? Let's try to shed some light on how a nurse can better strive to create balance between both his/her personal life and career.

today.mims.com

1 Aug 2016 - General

"Hiring a nanny is another way to balance your work life from your family and personal needs. It all involves money" I'm sorry but this is not always the option. It may be and always be an option if you are in Philippines or any other countries where these things are normal. But, being in a foreign land with no relatives around and working full time, it make things more difficult to manage. As much as we wanted to spend time with family and get that balance, we can't help but w...
 (Total 145 words)
At the end of the day, we all know that having a baby is a delight but we need to take into consideration of the cost incurred not just when he is a baby but all cost has to be calculated till the kid is 21. For now, what we need to ensure is having a stable job.

Hiring a nanny is another way to balance your work life from your family and personal needs. It all involves money. So you need to know that you have a baby at the right time and plan things out and discuss with your spouse a...
 (Total 181 words)
I agree that this applies not just to nurses but to all professionals. Depending on your work hours, home set-up and the ages of your children, it can be pretty difficult to strike a balance where you have to focus both on work and home. Yet I know people who are able to balance their professional life well with their personal life. Though it may be very challenging, I think it helps to know your priorities, as well as manage your time well. Also, you have to know when you have to ask for help f...
 (Total 138 words)
When you are single with no child or spouse to look after, it is easy to get that work-life balance. I used to spend weekends with my co workers or even go out of town with friends. My social life was fun. But, I have a family now -- things changed. As much as I wanted to socialize, I haven't been out with the girls for 2 to 3 months now, when I go out it would usually be for a play date with a girl friend with a child too. Social life was something i have to give up in order for me to focus...
 (Total 138 words)
Because there used to be surge of need for nurses in the US back in the early 2000s. Most People take the degree because they want to go abroad because of the assumption that life/pay is better there. Most of my classmates back in college either went to Australia, Middle East (Because I hear it is a good stepping stone if you want to enter UK or Canada) and yes Singapore would be good choice too Ziwei, but I think the pay is better in the middle east. Eileen, usually they require a 6 month volun...
 (Total 166 words)
I think this article also applies to other healthcare professionals. Although I must say that the balance between your salary, work life and personal life is not entirely up to you. There are so many confounding factors that can affect this such as availability of opportunities, economic situation of the country where you're from, culture etc. Of these, I think the availability of opportunities and economic situation of the country affects the most. For example, if you live in a developing c...
 (Total 119 words)
Why are there so many Filipinos taking nursing then? Sounds like a bad situation to get into. I have mentioned before, there are many Filipinos nurses and they can really take hardship. Now I understand why they are always so patient with patients. They must been have through a lot. My utmost respect ! Is it true that going to the Middle East is the aim of most nurses from Philippines? I asked this becuase we do see them in Singapore coming here for a few years before moving on the Middle East....
 (Total 118 words)
My undergraduate degree is nursing, but after getting my license, I never got the patience to volunteer on hospitals and wait for professional experience. For me, it is just so unfair to work for free for another 1-3 years when I already spent so much on education. The common practice here in the Philippines is that as soon as you graduate from nursing, you volunteer on an institution and hope that you become regularized. For those who are planning to go abroad, they get a 1-3 years' work ex...
 (Total 153 words)