General
Health Professionals: 4 reasons why you should take writing seriously

Health Professionals: 4 reasons why you should take writing seriously

Shared by:

In this day and age where information is constantly flowing through various channels, the importance of writing and reaching out to the public simply cannot be overstated. In the realm of health and medicine, writing should go beyond textbooks and research papers. Doctors and other professionals in the healthcare domain should take advantage of the information revolution to share their voices and opinion.

today.mims.com

2 Aug 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Oh, I don't know about that. Maybe if you're going to maintain that theme, you'll have to be anonymous. I've read medical-themed blogs and you can probably maintain it in a case report, kind of manner. But less on the personal opinions. I really don't know. For instance, I've always wanted to blog about the VAIN patients I've had but it's been pending for months be...
 (Total 90 words)
What a timely article. Yup in this day and age, there is a lot of benefit in sharing your opinion. However, I must admit that I am not adept with creative writing. I find it very difficult to talk about medical diseases in a conversational way, unless it is informal of course. I've dreamed of creating a website or a blog about my experiences as a doctor, but I still have reservations because it might cause a problem in my professional practice if I voice out a controversial opinion on a cert...
 (Total 139 words)
Yes, exactly Priscilla Mae Gobuyan. Realistic stories have the tendency to move people. When I started blogging, I did not know of that world, but I grew up maintaining diaries so it began like that. When I got my first comment, I was surprised to find people reading. My blog has evolved through the years and it has opened opportunities for me... so yes, initially it may be for something personal, but at the same...
 (Total 98 words)
Let us not limit our learning from the four walls of the classroom. Some of which can be found along magazines, news, televisions, either by mouth or through the web. People nowadays from different state of life has an easy access to the world wide web thus acquiring information and updates aren't that hard to get. The power of words can be a great motivating factor for everyone and can also serve an inspiration. Though I don't write that too much in my personal experience, just by basin...
 (Total 184 words)
Writing has the power to change. Never underestimate the power of words. We should really go with the time and embrace the ability to reach out more through writing. It is not only the Millennials and Generation X who make use of the internet. Baby Boomers know how to do this as well and we could reach out to them too. I agree with correcting misconceptions as I don't want other people to think that my life is like what they see on Grey's Anatomy. Mainly I would think the most important ...
 (Total 121 words)
I agree with this. While I know that all articles and news stories are accessible to internet users, it is a different approach when a friend, family member or personal doctor (health practitioner) speaks up. I blog. And while my blog is mostly me being a drama queen and going on and on about my feelings, I often take time to tackle health/dental issues there. I write about it and then I share it on my personal social media accounts. I do this because it opens the floor for my fellow dentists (a...
 (Total 214 words)