General
Hypocrite VS Hippocratic Oath

Hypocrite VS Hippocratic Oath

Shared by:

The modern Hippocratic Oath begins with the line: "I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant”

today.mims.com

2 Aug 2016 - General

This is a very moving article. In the bible there are only 3 mentioned noble professions: teacher, priest, and doctor. We are very fortunate indeed to be one of the few to practice this noble craft. Whenever we feel lost with our profession, we must always remember that we were once young kids looking up to doctors. It was always in us to be a healer. Not marketer. Not businessmen. Not rumor mongers. We were always destined to provide comfort to the sick regardless of the social status or financ...
 (Total 123 words)
Marinelle Castro & Maria Cristina Inserto :"...patients feel so entitled to being treated according to their personal standards", ""You're a doctor, you're rich". Like it's that easy. Nevertheless, we work everyday and we cater to their needs"---I cannot agree with you two more. Yes we ...
 (Total 103 words)
"These days, despite all our efforts, a lot of patients feel so entitled to being treated according to their personal standards, without regard for our overwhelming schedule, lack of time for our families, not to mention the hardship of becoming a physician." --- This is sad but true Marinelle Castro. That's why when patients appreciate us, it's such a big deal. We are often scrutinized and crit...
 (Total 111 words)
We should all read this oath from time to time to remind us how noble our profession is. Sadly, industrialization and evolution of human perceptions on disease treatment make it difficult for us doctors to observe this oath at all times. During the time of Hippocrates, sick people see it as a “privilege” to be treated by doctors, despite the fact that treatments during that time were hardly proven to cure. These days, despite all our efforts, a lot of patients feel so entitled to being treated a...
 (Total 247 words)
We are doctors first! I completely agree with that. We need to remind ourselves that the oath we took when we passed the boards was not just for show. We are always going to be tired, stressed and over worked; that will not change. Never forget what we promised, as all the ideals and what we stand for streams from this oath. Maria Cristina Inserto : "Oh, this is such a beautiful article. It is so full of pass...
 (Total 86 words)
Oh, this is such a beautiful article. It is so full of passion and I like that. When I was studying, we we're given a tally of cases and we complete that massive checklist. Patients don't always come to us, so we search for them. I go house-to-house, and I visit schools in search for patients and almost every semester, I am one of the first ones to complete the tally sheet and to graduate to the next one (for advanced, pre-sem work).

I have always been competitive (but I didn&#...
 (Total 314 words)