Healthy Recipes!Created by:
Hi Everyone! I am currently on the search for healthy and easy to prepare meals and snacks. No matter how hard one works out if it is not coupled with the right diet, gaining the ideal BMI can be quite hard. I also realized that even as health professionals, although we know what we should be eating, it is quite hard find recipes that would be delicious, healthy and easy to prepare. So, I am posting one healthy recipe for everyone, and you guys can also post your favorite healthy recipe.
Chicken Pesto Pasta
Ingredients:The amount really depends on how many of the parts you want. Adjust as desired. :)
- 6 Bell Peppers, chopped
- 5 Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Onions, chopped (the purple ones taste better for this)
- 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Chicken Breast sans skin, Shredded
- 250 g Pasta (It can be whole wheat pasta if you want to up your game but I just didn't like it)
- Pesto (you can buy it ready made at the grocery)
- Chicken Broth
For the Chicken:
Because Sautéing is considered unhealthy by most, there is this technique called slender sautéing:
- Heat one to two tablespoons of chicken broth on medium heat.
- Once broth bubbles, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper. Stir frequently for 5 minutes. Add more broth if they stick to the pan and keep stirring.
- Add shredded chicken breast and stir for 10-15 minutes. You can add more chicken broth for more flavour, salt, pepper and any spices you may fancy. Stir until broth has evaporated.
For the pasta:
Add a small amount of pesto with pasta and top with chicken Enjoy!
3/4 cup of Pasta with pesto Approx: 288 cal (Calories from fat: 173.25)
1/4 cup of Chicken with bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic and onions: 50 cal
Total: 333 cal per serving