General

Healthy Recipes!

Created by:

3 Aug 2016 - General

Hi Everyone! I am currently on the search for healthy and easy to prepare meals and snacks. No matter how hard one works out if it is not coupled with the right diet, gaining the ideal BMI can be quite hard. I also realized that even as health professionals, although we know what we should be eating, it is quite hard find recipes that would be delicious, healthy and easy to prepare. So, I am posting one healthy recipe for everyone, and you guys can also post your favorite healthy recipe.

Chicken Pesto Pasta

Ingredients:The amount really depends on how many of the parts you want. Adjust as desired. :)

1. 6 Bell Peppers, chopped
  2. 5 Tomatoes, chopped
  3. 2 Onions, chopped (the purple ones taste better for this)
  4. 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
  5. 2 Chicken Breast sans skin, Shredded  
  6. 250 g Pasta (It can be whole wheat pasta if you want to up your game but I just didn't like it)
  7. Pesto (you can buy it ready made at the grocery)
  8. Chicken Broth

Instructions:

For the Chicken:

Because Sautéing is considered unhealthy by most, there is this technique called slender sautéing:

1. Heat one to two tablespoons of chicken broth on medium heat.
  2. Once broth bubbles, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper. Stir frequently for 5 minutes. Add more broth if they stick to the pan and keep stirring.
  3. Add shredded chicken breast and stir for 10-15 minutes. You can add more chicken broth for more flavour, salt, pepper and any spices you may fancy. Stir until broth has evaporated.

For the pasta:

www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-techniques/cooking/cook-pasta

Add a small amount of pesto with pasta and top with chicken Enjoy!

3/4 cup of Pasta with pesto Approx: 288 cal (Calories from fat: 173.25)

1/4 cup of Chicken with bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic and onions: 50 cal

Total: 333 cal per serving

Thanks for this recipe, will try it soon. To get a healthy dose of veggies, I usually go for salads. One of my favorite is to just mix in lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives (I buy them in a jar from the grocery) and cheese (preferably feta). Then for the dressing, I mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, black pepper, a little salt and sugar. I then toss the dressing with the veggies, and I have a yummy dish. I use this as a side with a regular meal or with a sandwich. Other time...
 (Total 128 words)
Hi Leothel Elysse Mayores, here's mine. For quick meals/snacks to bring to work, I sometimes end up bringing tuna wraps to work. Their easy to make, healthy and of course, less washing up to do. :D You can choose whatever vegetables you'd like to go with your tuna. I usually just have corn and lettuce. And tomato sometimes, if I feel like slicing them.

Crunchy Tuna Wrap Recipe

1 whole-w...
 (Total 126 words)