General
A single life might mean a happier and more fulfilling life

A single life might mean a happier and more fulfilling life

Shared by:

Not ready for marriage? It's okay. A psychologist has reported the benefits of solitude and how some people might be better off unmarried.

today.mims.com

5 Aug 2016 - General

That is right on the money, Ziwei Xie. Life is a matter of perspective. We can always look at a half cup of water as half-full or half-empty. This collection of letters (my excuses for the non-Catholics) also proves the life is a perspective notion: GODISNOWHERE. How did you read it? It can be God is now here for the optimists and God is nowhere for the pessimists. This is the same in terms of being in a relation...
 (Total 174 words)
In church, single-blessedness is something that is welcomed because while the common inclinication is to marry so we can go forth in multiply (although the Bible really meant to make disciples of men), some people simply do not seem to have the same destiny. The pressures of the old world still remain, of course. And you have single individuals being constantly bombarded with the question: "When are you getting married?" But nowadays, people seemed to have relaxed on this.

My...
 (Total 161 words)
A monk once say" Where to find happiness? You won’t find it anywhere and no one can give it to you. You can travel the world to find it, but there is only one place it can be found. It is found within yourself." Which is true. Once I traveled to a poor country and my wife was looking at the poor street kids and commented how poor a life they must be leading. I replied to her they may be poor but they may find themselves happy and life fulfilling, Having a lifelong companion will not le...
 (Total 133 words)
I think this world is revolving around money and career. people in our society are brainwashed to work work work and always thinking and planning to make more money as days pass. With the economic downturn and difficulties some people go through, it is going to be hard to have the money and time to even start looking for a partner to love. At times when singles meet and become an item, plans of marriage and buying a home and etc, will pop. It gives them the motivation to strive for more money to...
 (Total 140 words)
It is as well difficult to draw the conclusion that a single life might mean a happier and more fulfilling life when looking at Millenials. In the long run when this age group becomes old the longing for companionship or having children might dawn on them suddenly and by then it is already late. We are more career focused and idealistic in terms of how we should live our lives. I agree with you Marinelle Castro o...
 (Total 171 words)
The important word in the title is "might". Its difficult to generalize or obtain the true incidence of happiness among single individuals. The endpoint is a subjective emotion that changes by the minute. Although I agree the there is an increasing trend towards delaying marriage in the Philippine setting. I think one of the reasons why people decide to stay single is because of the culture of "productivity". Popular media have "idealized" how people should live, ho...
 (Total 121 words)