General
'Pigs with human brains': Controversial research could be funded in US

'Pigs with human brains': Controversial research could be funded in US

Shared by:

A moratorium had been placed on this type of treatment a year ago and it has recently been lifted.

www.thejournal.ie

7 Aug 2016 - General

" I mean it is still a human brain inside a pig's body that they will be working on if they eventually become successful. It is never supposed to be this way." Mark Edmon Tan: I agree. Ethically we are not supposed to do such experimentation on live humans. By putting a human brain in a pig is just changing capsule so to speak. A wolf in sheep's clothing will always be a wolf. This brings back o...
 (Total 149 words)
I think these should be experimented first with live humans. Anyone any idea who we could chose. Most of the complaints about this line of research focus on human brain tissue or reproductive organs in animals. I haven't seen any evidence that those lines of research are being contemplated by actual scientists.or How about we start by encouraging people to voluntarily use the most effective forms of birth control and also work on long-acting reversible contraception for men, parallel to the ...
 (Total 93 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama "Well it is not like pigs have not ruled countries before, but this time they will actually have a tail and snout" That is totally hilarious haha I believe that this experiment's main goal is to find a way to bypass ethics of a research study. Personally, I am not comfortable with this experiment. I mean it is still a human brain inside a pig's body that they will be work...
 (Total 172 words)
In a few decades we might be able to see pigs running for presidency. Well it is not like pigs have not ruled countries before, but this time they will actually have a tail and snout :D Or there might be an evolution of super-pigs, that will ultimately wipe humans off the face of earth. Jokes apart, although there are clear benefits of this, I see more of the bad side. Humans are the ultimate product of a several million years long complex process of evolution. We're trying to change the co...
 (Total 123 words)
An animal with a human brain, is it a myth or a potential truth in the future? It is sound like such a scientific fiction could become a reality in the near future if the experience of mixing human cells into animal embryos is approved to go ahead. The arguments of the great potentials medical discovery will be for the disease of Parkinson, Alzheimer disease, and potentially growing human organs for harvesting and transplantation!!! It seems like a great promise for advancement of medical world...
 (Total 134 words)