General
Futuristic learning aid for future doctors

Futuristic learning aid for future doctors

Shared by:

What if virtual reality (VR) technology was taken one step further and applied to medical education? A recent video from Microsoft in partnership with CRWU - a private research institution in Ohio - illustrates exactly how.

today.mims.com

7 Aug 2016 - General

That indeed is fascinating and, as the subtitle suggested, it does have limitless potential. I definitely see how this would be better to use than our regular anatomy atlases. Though since they are perfectly structured 3d models I do no think they should completely replace the dissecting of a cadaver as it isn't life like. Unless they come up with a more true to life imagery and create a hologram of a cadaver that the students can interactively dissect then that would be great! Imagine disse...
 (Total 149 words)
I posted a couple week back about the use of Augmented reality in medical learning. The new virtual reality devices like HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Microsoft Hololens are developed not solely for entertainment purposes. The potential application of those devices are endless. For example, medical student could use augmented reality without having to do actual dissections. A professor can teach an entire class with the aid of virtual reality and everyone would be able to see and feel what's hap...
 (Total 103 words)
The future is now here, You Yi Hong . This will be a very helpful tool for the coming medical tools as learning anatomy requires a lot of visual aids. I believe that it Augmented Reality may be a supplement but cannot replace learning from a human cadaver. The human cadaver's main advantage is that it is tangible. The sense of touch coupled with visual and auditory feedback as experienced with studying cadave...
 (Total 139 words)
Augmented Reality (AR) could very likely be used as a great teaching technology for medical students in the near future. The current availability of Microsoft Hololens, with the use of a special headset, allow us to visualise the three-dimensional image, together with manipulation of the three dimensional image as well. Such a technology could transform the traditional anatomy class of dissection of cadavers, into a futuristic Augmented Reality class of learning the “alive” fully function body,...
 (Total 135 words)