General
Will robots replace doctors?

Will robots replace doctors?

Shared by:

With technology and artificial intelligence advancing more quickly than ever, one day an NDR series robot by the name of Andrew could perform all your tasks with pristine efficiency and with high regard for bedside manner. One day robots may take over the medical field and your human services will no longer be required.

today.mims.com

7 Aug 2016 - General

I go think that robots will take over a large part of medicine. we are already having robotic hair transplants and prostate surgery. Even fractional skin resurface is done by robots with their scanner. Robots are more precise and faster than human. While one can debate a real life doctor can rely on instinct but on the contrary, we can argue robots are less prone to make mistakes base on personal instinct. |Nobody will build a robot to treat simple cough and cold. However they will be of great ...
 (Total 131 words)
This idea is just insane. To the person who even thought of this - You probably have nothing better to do. It is possible to duplicate artificial intelligence into a robot. But it can't beat the instinct that comes from a real life doctor. Probably these robots can be useful to replace those GPs that i have seen and were not really helpful at all. haha.. But jokes aside, It can replace the docs. it is impossible to get the special touch from a doctor. I have always wanted to pursue medicine ...
 (Total 144 words)
Terra Nova. Ah that is what I was trying to remember. What a beautiful TV show it was. Too bad they discontinued the production of the sequel. I was eagerly waiting for season 2. And there's this new ongoing TV series called "Dark Matter" which also features a spaceship with a medbay. Ok so it looks like nobody feels the same way that I do. I agree, whatever we make there would always be the need of a human at some point. But I'm not talking years or decades. In a century or tw...
 (Total 139 words)
“No robot shall replace us. We will never go obsolete." -- Indeed. These advances in the field just make things more efficient. It improves medical care for patients and it contributes to the efficiency of the the work professionals. This is a funny story. My sister just got a new car and it has that screen that comes on when backing up? I have a sensor on mine and I'm completely reliant on that. Anyway, she didn't even have a sensor before and now that she has that screen she still...
 (Total 155 words)
“No robot shall replace us. We will never go obsolete."- Sometimes we fear certain specialties due to certain advancements in medicine. I know of a few people who decided not enter surgery because they felt that surgery done by a person will become obsolete. We cannot be replaced as human touch, as explicitly stated in the article, cannot be mimicked by a machine. Theekshana Abayawickrama: Yes I have seen tho...
 (Total 146 words)
I always believed that robots and computers will be able to, or at least come very close to doing what humans do as physicians and surgeons. We've seen how fast the technology has been evolving in the recent years. Things that were previously thought impossible are now doable thanks to the new advances in technology, and at this rate who is to say where artificial intelligence and robotics would end. Maybe not in a few years, or maybe even decades, but someday I have a feeling that most of t...
 (Total 150 words)
It is simply impossible to replicate, let alone replicate, what humans can do especially in the field of medicine. Robots will rely on algorithms for diagnosis, which will be a sure recipe for disaster. One disease will have variable clinical presentation for two patients and this is where error can occur. Remember that medicine is not just a science but an art as well. Robots are only designed for the science part of medicine. Nothing can still compare to the meticulous precision of the human m...
 (Total 108 words)
Exactly! No to robot replacement. Indeed the material things can never replace a human touch. New inventions are too good for more job opportunities but let us not permit that these technology and robots may replace us. I am not against robots doing such surgeries, they're fine and helpful too. They don't get tired and need bathroom breaks either. But we should always remember that we are the master of these creation. Just like who have created us who is the master and no one can ever re...
 (Total 89 words)