General
Comic of the day (5 August 2016): About time

Comic of the day (5 August 2016): About time

Shared by:

About-time

today.mims.com

8 Aug 2016 - General

Mark Edmon Tan Well when there are major surgeries, such as exploratory laparotomies, complicated genitourinary tract surgeries and gastrointestinal tract surgeries, we have the consultant plus one or two assisting senior doctors. But for routine minor surgeries, there's often one surgeon. He has to do the cleaning, do the surgery, then the suturing and most of the times he is the one who has to write the sur...
 (Total 107 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama: ah that could be the case as well. That is practically the same situation in a lot of government hospitals here as well. A surgeon, an anesthesiologist and a nurse or two that's it. Though since there are many medical students they would have a junior or senior intern with them to assist at times. ...
 (Total 127 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama haha Yes, one stereotype for surgeons is that they do not follow-up on patients after procedure has been done. I mean no offense and have high respect for your craft which has routinely saved lives in the hospital. Really? There is no first and second assist for the surgery procedure? One wild view on this comic: Maybe the main surgeon (albeit a great one) is also the patient. We all know ...
 (Total 127 words)
First think I thought about when i saw this was that the patient is old and probably took a decade to go down to the operating room. But then, it could also be a joke that the operating team took so long so the patient finally enters and says. "It's about time", perhaps he isn't really old, but that he's presented as OLD as he is on the picture to show that time has lapsed since he's been waiting. Haha. In my practice, I always have late patients. I have family whose be...
 (Total 170 words)
Jennifer Winter Or it could be that the surgery finished a long time ago and the surgeons stayed in the operation theater doing a small chit chat and the patient who was operated on and sent to the ward is coming back to see if any of them are coming to check how she is doing. Happens often don't you agree? :D This is how Operation theaters typically look like in my hospital. Government hospitals in my countr...
 (Total 102 words)