General
"Boomerang fathers" able to create emotional stability for their daughters

"Boomerang fathers" able to create emotional stability for their daughters

Shared by:

Men who come back after a period of separation from their spouse have proven to provide a type of stability in their adolescent daughters' lives, contrary to popular belief.

today.mims.com

8 Aug 2016 - General

I agree when you said it will be traumatic if it's forced Mark Edmon Tan because you sometimes get parents thinking they made a sacrifice, but then you'll have them constantly reminding their children of the sacrifice they made to keep the family "together". In the end, the children do not grow up in a healthy environment. So whatever works--but what is important is that parents are there for t...
 (Total 81 words)
Alan Rosmadi and Maria Cristina Inserto: That is definitely true. Kids can grow up well if they feel loved and get daily undivided attention even from a single parent. Single parents should always be lauded for taking the responsibilities of a mom and dad in order to cultivate a nourishing environment for their children. This is pr...
 (Total 155 words)
In a perfect world, it would be really nice if we always had the complete equation of mother + father + child(ren) = family. But that's not always possible. So I really applaud single parents who find it in their hearts to raise children in a world where they don't feel neglected; and parents who may not have worked together but are willing to do all it takes to make it "normal" for a child. I agree with ...
 (Total 111 words)
What the studies shows can be useful to a certain extent. From my personal experience, it all depends on how loving and caring a father can be to their kids. I do have friends who are divorced and are working 4 months away from their kids with only 2 months off to pay off the debt. But I have never seen them drift away. It all depends on the giving and receiving party and how they react to it. At the end of the day, all you got to know is be true to yourself and not let the child suffer. Do wha...
 (Total 180 words)
A good article that will hopefully encourage fathers who once reneged on their paternal responsibilities to fulfill their obligations. This is good for children because no other person can take place in a nuclear family setting. A child will always feel most comfortable with a parent who possesses 50% of their genetic makeup. I wish more studies come up to support this article. Tarah Cadiz, I was pondering about ...
 (Total 99 words)
At the end of the day, the fact that a father who once had no presence has finally decided to come back to fulfill his role is going to be a welcomed norm for a child. Whether he's come back to the woman he's married and has decided to stick with the family; or he's simply making his presence more frequent/relevant for the child (but not the mother as in the case of premarital pregnancies), it is always good for a child to have a father than to have none. The perception of individual...
 (Total 204 words)