Your guide for clean handsCreated by:
Some important facts to know about washing hands' significance:
- It is estimated by WHO that washing hands regularly with soap and water has a key rule in reduction of diarrheal disease-associated deaths by up to 50%.
- Contaminated hands cause large percentage of foodborne disease outbreaks.
- Researchers in London estimate that if everyone routinely washed their hands, a million deaths a year could be prevented .
- The risk of respiratory infections decreases significantly with correct handwashing.
Keeping hands clean is very crucial for any healthcare professional. A proper handwashing can be guaranteed through following the recommended steps by the World Health Organization.
Simple steps, great value:
- After wetting your hands with water then soap, start rubbing your palms against each other.
- Use your right palm against left dorsum while fingers interlaced and vice versa
- Finger interlacing of both palmar sides.
- Back of fingers to opposing palms while fingers are interlocked.
- With your right palm, rub around your left thumb and vice versa.
- then rub your fingertips of right hand in a rotational movement against the opposite palm then repeate for the other hand.
- Dry your hands thouroughly using clean towel then close the tab using disposable tissue or towel.
* photo from www.WHO.int