General
Have You Heard of These 5 Rare Sleep Disorders?

Have You Heard of These 5 Rare Sleep Disorders?

Shared by:

Sleep is an integral part of our physical and mental well being. Deficiency in sleep can be caused by a multitude of factors including parasomnia, a condition where unpleasant or abnormal behaviours occur during sleep. This often exists without the knowledge of those afflicted. Here are 5 rare sleep disorders that may send a chill down your spine.

today.mims.com

9 Aug 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Perhaps not as often, but maybe 1-2 times a year? It's not always. I think the last time I had it was last year around October and then none yet. But it's happened many times. I always thought it was just me having bad dreams. You think I shoud still see a sleep doctor for this? What do you think?

(Total 103 words)
From this list, I am only familiar with REM sleep behavior disorder and hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations. I often experience REM sleep behavior that sometimes family members and friends tell me that I am always enacting my dreams. This is strange to me because I absolutely no recollection of it. So far I have never turned violent! About hypnagogic hallucination, I experienced this once wherein I felt like my body is literally frozen. It is very scary because you want to scream, but you...
 (Total 134 words)
Oooh, some of these are really creepy, but like you, Maria Cristina Inserto, I think I've also experienced the last one called Hypnopompic Hallucinations. It usually happens when I sort of awaken in the middle of a dream, and its as if the dream is happneing right in my room. I'm still asleep but am sort of aware that I am somewhat awake, but when I try to move my body, even just a finger, I just can't...
 (Total 174 words)
I often experience Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Hallucinations. Everytime this happens to me, I get really scared and cannot go to sleep anymore so I pray until I get tired and finally doze off. I've had this several times and it's not always the same and it's not always at night. Sometimes I have it during a morning "tired" sleep but it always invoves a feeling of having an invisible force overpowering me and keeping me immobile. Always, I try to fight back or break free. I&...
 (Total 217 words)