General
Polyclinics report record high acute respiratory infection visits due to weak herd immunity

Polyclinics report record high acute respiratory infection visits due to weak herd immunity

Shared by:

The number of patients visiting polyclinics for flu has reached an all time high, leading authorities to urge people to get vaccinated to improve herd immunity.

today.mims.com

10 Aug 2016 - General

Jennifer Winter Wow, that's good. From what I heard from my friends and family, the companies they work for in Singapore will cover clinic visits up to a certain amount, but not vaccinations and all health check-ups (e.g some companies will only sponsor one health check-up every two years BUT only if you're 35 and older). Prevention is better than cure at any rate. But despite how much business sense it m...
 (Total 85 words)
I work at a Polyclinic twice a week. I know the employees get APEs and vaccines too. In all fairness, I've been there for almost three years and I haven't been sick. There was a nurse with chicken pox last week (and I heard two more got it, but that's it). So I think polyclinics are just as vulnerable as a hospital/clinic. Anyway, I agree... many people take flu for granted but it's really better to be safe than sorry. Especially if you work in "our environment" where t...
 (Total 115 words)
We get people vaccinated annually as the vaccine changes according to the flu strain. Most companies I know of give free flu vaccines to their employees. It is a good business move on their part as this would decrease the number of sick leaves and therefore maintain productivity. In the hospitals I have worked in they also give free flu vaccines to their employees. Unless we have some killer immunity and have low to no sick contacts then it won't be necessary to have these flu vaccines. I th...
 (Total 123 words)