General
Temporary “tattoo” keeps tabs on blood alcohol levels

Temporary “tattoo” keeps tabs on blood alcohol levels

Shared by:

What if there was a device that could give you an alert way before the vomiting, drunk dialling or even police-issued breathalyser tests make an appearance on a boozy night out?

today.mims.com

10 Aug 2016 - General

Actually plenty of people do just that, it's stupid but it happens. People have a drink and don't realize that they're not O.K to drive or cycle until it's too late. With access to devices like this people will have more options and opportunities to prevent bad things from happening. Whether it can or will save lives remains to be seen, but it certainly has the potential. You could just forgo alcohol altogether. But not everyone is the same, I don't drink personally, but I...
 (Total 117 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto I think when you jump into a pool while drinking it would be safe to assume that you are drunk and are not fit to drive :) haha. Though yes I do agree it should be a band like maybe a baller ID. The article did mention that there was a Fitbit-like bracelet that was invented by nanoengineer Joseph Wang from UC San Diego that monitors alcohol levels through the skin. I guess they just want to ...
 (Total 158 words)
I hope this thing comes out commercially. It would definitely benefit me and my peers! haha.. I think it is really smart of them to think of inventing this device. A lot smaller and cooler then bringing around a breathalyzer in your car while out partying. By then you have exceeded the limit and god knows what is going to happen next. For this device i hope we can set a limit to our alcohol level and once hit it gives you warning after warnings so can stop all the boozing and probably go for sup...
 (Total 120 words)
This is a very clever innovation. It would be more beneficial for those who are starting to drink so that they can gauge their alcohol intake capacity. More often than not, first-time drinkers end up getting really inebriated due to peer pressure. This is a good way of tracking down our own and our friend's alcohol intake to ensure safety. It might be potentially useful in decreasing motor vehicular accidents secondary to alcohol intoxication. Use of the device must not stop at just monitori...
 (Total 104 words)
Yes this is going to be truly useful, unless you put this on a drunk person against his will (because you want to monitor his drinking) and he just decides to take it off. But for a williing person this is good. Say I am going to attend a big party and I am the designated driver, then I can keep my alcohol consumption within safe levels so that I do not bring danger to myself and my companions. It's a good feature, too, for people who want to drink but have restrictions or those who really h...
 (Total 134 words)
That is quite interesting. I was about to comment on how when a person is drunk they may not pay mind to the alcohol level detecting tattoo until I read this "the device could even be integrated with a car’s alcohol ignition interlocks, or friends could use it to check up on each other before deciding whether to let one another drive or whether calling a taxi is required as an extra preventive measure." That is a pretty neat invention. It needs further research for reliability of cours...
 (Total 128 words)
Wow! Another non invasive invention for those who are always drunk out there! Haha. But then this was only tested to nine healthy individuals and requires further research. None the less it's still a superb invention other than those breathalyser tests. At least this one can predict whether you're safe to drive or not. There's a lot of safety measures that can be implemented by the help of this tattoo called tester. However I am not sure if how long will the research take up for it t...
 (Total 158 words)