General
Vitamin IV drips: the new cure-all?

Vitamin IV drips: the new cure-all?

Shared by:

In recent years, various A-listers have attributed much to the use of IVMTs – from treatment of colds to general maintenance of health and beauty. Should the claims of IVMT proponents be believed with regard to their safety and efficacy?

today.mims.com

11 Aug 2016 - General

Seriously, I think this is such a waste of money, and a ridiculous idea at that. To think that vitamins, which should naturally be taken from food, are currently taken as convenient pills; and then right now are being promoted via the IV route? I can't help but think -- what has our society become? And to say that this is all for the sake of superficial wants. Sure, I would uderstand if it is for a medical reason, but I think giving vitamins as IV is going too far just to get a fairer comple...
 (Total 122 words)
For me, especially if it's just for "superficial" purposes, it is best to stay away from things that are not completely safe. At all times, benefits should outweigh the risks. One should think twice before subjecting one's self to something that has the potential to bring danger in the end. I liked that part, it's for the "cash-rice, time-poor" what a big problem for them to have so much cash to burn but too little time to actually live life properly so they take ...
 (Total 110 words)
Some doctors perform this in the Philippines too. From what I know, people who have had IVMT claimed that the benefits had a short duration. I have some reservations with advocating mega doses of Vitamin C. We were always thought that excess Vitamin C than the recommended intake will only be flushed out of the body. Also, I wonder if the fat-soluble vitamins A,D,E, and K would be better absorbed in the bloodstream. Isn’t this counter-productive, as they require fat for better transport? As for v...
 (Total 114 words)
Despite biological plausibility for a role of vitamin D in cancer prevention, most recent systematic reviews and meta-analyses. the vitamin D reduces cancer incidence and or mortality is inconsistent and inconclusive as to causality. Importantly, no large-scale randomized trials have been completed with cancer as the primary prespecified outcome, and trials with cancer as a secondary outcome have been sparse and generally unsupportive. Observational evidence is strongest for colorectal cancer bu...
 (Total 114 words)
As for any treatment, the benefits should always outweigh the risk. IV insertion is an invasive procedure, creating a potential portal of entry for any blood borne disease. Other risks include abscesses and cutaneous infections, scarring, emboli formation and phlebitis. Another factor is that vitamin supplementation is only indicated for high risk patients (pregnant, or those located in areas where their food lack certain essential micro nutrients). I think this is an IV version on oral vitamin ...
 (Total 120 words)