General
This body builder has no pulse and plugs himself into the wall at night

This body builder has no pulse and plugs himself into the wall at night

Shared by:

Pump it up... with batteries.

www.sciencealert.com

11 Aug 2016 - General

Yeah, this guy does the treadmill and push ups better than many of us. It a real inspiration for all who are giving lame excuses for not even trying to be physically fit. I don't know how difficult it is to get heart donors for those in need because heart transplants are not done in my country. Does any one of you know how much it generally costs to have a complete heart transplant? Anyway I too wish that he finds a matching donor soon, and that he will no longer need to be carrying a backpa...
 (Total 104 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama I have never envisioned that an LVAD could support weightlifting. I thought the stress would be too much since it trains mostly the anaerobic system. It reminds us not to underestimate the power of will ever. He is basically (but not totally) heartless (no pun intended) yet exhibits the discipline to push his himself to the limit. This is a very inspiring story for people who are diagnose...
 (Total 111 words)
This guy here is doing weight lifting and extensive physical exercise with an artificial heart! Left Ventricular Assist Devices, living pulseless, artificial hearts, heart transplant.. these words are not new. People with most types of artificial hearts do not have a pulse because there is a continuous flow of through vessels instead of a rhythmic flow. but I did not know that these artificial devices are capable of producing such a high cardiac output that is needed to maintain the tissue oxyge...
 (Total 105 words)