General
The first asthma pill in 20 years shows "massive promise" in reducing symptoms

The first asthma pill in 20 years shows "massive promise" in reducing symptoms

Shared by:

The first new asthma pill in two decades has just completed its third phase of clinical trials, and not only did patients report instant relief - the pill actually started to repair the lining of their airways.

www.sciencealert.com

12 Aug 2016 - General

I grew up with asthma but it has since, improved, thanks to sports. I am not as sickly as I was when I was younger and I do not live and am not reliant on an inhaler. My sister, however, is. Aged 29 she still gets awful asthma and she is always with an inhaler. This pill is going to be amazing for her when it gets passed because she can finally stop taking the inhalers (which has steroids) and just take these instead. I think it is amazing that apart from the instant relief it brings, it is able...
 (Total 141 words)
Such a useful drug for asthma patients. I am sure it will benefit asthma patients a lot. In a way that they do not have to bring along bulky inhalers and instead just popping pills. It is a lot easier to manage and would definitely boost their self confidence again. It is great to know that this pill does not only reduce symptoms but also repair damaged tissues as a way of treating the patient in the long run. I really hope this medicine goes commercial for all our patients to purchase and use o...
 (Total 139 words)