General
Acupuncture claims: worth a try or just a placebo?

Acupuncture claims: worth a try or just a placebo?

Shared by:

Originated from China, acupuncture is a branch of a traditional Chinese medicine. Despite slowly gaining recognition in the world of medical sciences, controversies remain due to the lack of solid clinical evidences to dispel all doubts.

today.mims.com

13 Aug 2016 - General

I do not know how does these work but i sure do want to try it out. This has been widely used and many hospital have given a chance for acupuncture centers have open their outlets in their grounds. It seems like a legit business in medicine but how far does a person get cured or relieved by those needles? In Singapore, there are many of these outlets that are opened for public and used widely by mostly chinese citizens. Maybe it has not been educated or announced of the benefits of acupuncture ...
 (Total 186 words)
Acupuncture is being practiced in the world for a very long time, and it would not have lasted as long as it has if it wasn't effective at least in some ways. My personal belief is that acupuncture is a good method for symptomatic relief. I can't understand how it would cure a patient with malignancy, infection or inflammation, but it is scientifically proven that pain pathways can be diminished by other modalities of sensory stimulation. There's something called the gate theory to e...
 (Total 120 words)
Acupuncture is the most widely studied among complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) group. If we consider the gate control-theory alone, acupuncture can already block pain at the spinal cord level. There has also been evidence that acupuncture can be beneficial for fibromyalgia treatment in addition to medicines. Even Western countries have adopted acupuncture due to the multiple ways it can be used. The needles can be electrically stimulated to provide pain relief. Also, there is another ...
 (Total 123 words)

Acupuncture has been a traditional Chinese medical treatment for a long time. In traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture can be used for a variety of medical conditions, either to alleviate the symptoms of fix the problem. There is always a debate of whether do the “acupuncture” useful or is it just a placebo effect??? Some people do believe that acupuncture do work in some certain condition. It is good to know that the UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) do recomm...
 (Total 125 words)