General
Tales from the bench: The frustrating yet fulfilling life of scientists

Tales from the bench: The frustrating yet fulfilling life of scientists

Shared by:

Advancements in technology and other fields like healthcare are largely through the efforts of researchers, a working title for scientists. To these group of dedicated and hardworking people, the long hours of toil and the often frustrating circumstances and results are still worth it with every breakthrough. What is life like for a researcher/scientist? And could this be a career path for someone already in healthcare?

today.mims.com

14 Aug 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro and Maria Cristina Inserto "Nothing worthwhile comes easy" This quote softens every trial with our profession. I also had one booboo with my thesis proposal a few months ago. I saved my proposal in a USB and did not bother to create a backup. The USB got a virus and my thesis proposal was gone in an inst...
 (Total 156 words)
Marinelle Castro and Maria Cristina Inserto "Nothing worthwhile comes easy" This quote softens every trial with our profession. I also had one booboo with my thesis proposal a few months ago. I saved my proposal in a USB and did not bother to create a backup. The USB got a virus and my thesis proposal was gone in an inst...
 (Total 156 words)
Oh I have a similar thing happen to me back in College. I was writing a paper and just before I get the chance to save it, I can't remember but I think someone tripped on the wire and unplugged the PC. I was so shocked. I was googling stuff about retrieving the memory of your PC because I know "computer geeks" can do that, but it wasn't in my power to do so. Anyway, you're right. "Nothing worthwhile comes easy" and whatever the journey may be--whichever field--the...
 (Total 193 words)
I think in any profession, there are really hardships that one has to overcome in order to be successful. As an old adage goes, "Nothing worthwhile comes easy". While this may be more evident in the scientific world, I think this also exists in other professions (multimedia, design arts etc.) I remember my first ever research paper as an NS resident. Unfortunately, after weeks of going through medical records to collect my data, my laptop suddenly crashed (for no apparent reason). I wa...
 (Total 164 words)