General

Facebook status updates reveal low self-esteem and narcissism

Created by:

15 Aug 2016 - General

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150521213743.htm

*Sorry I'm not sure why the link doesn't work and my post reformats as if its a created content. Anyway please see the link above. Thanks*

@Priscilla @AnChau @Mark @Cristina I agree with everything that you guys pointed out. In my first few years on Facebook, my timeline is still tolerable. I actually even like some outfit-of-the day posts, nice selfies and even proud-moment gym posts. However these days, it just seems that there’s just too much of it. I almost deactivated my account because I want to steer clear of annoying posts…until I discovered the unfollow button. So these days I started unfollowing some friends who constantl...
 (Total 128 words)
I certainly agree to this! I have friends who's flooding my timeline almost everyday, every minute of their lives to post everything. Social media isn't harmful at all but sometimes it's kinda annoying why some people keep on posting like almost everything that they are doing. These people should maintain and keep a little privacy at least of themselves? Maybe these people haven't had a permanent source of outlet to express their feelings, exhaustion, happiness and sadness. I wou...
 (Total 171 words)
There was another article I read recently mentioning a specific type of post. Studies also from Brunel university claimed that those who posted about their fitness routine e.g. checking into the gym, posting about what kind of exercise they just did etc on facebook also showed psychological problems. People who are always keen on documenting their gym activities (or every time you simply go for a good, old-fashioned run) tend to be narcissists. According to the researchers, the primary goal is t...
 (Total 177 words)
Marinelle Castro Social media creates an environment where approval is sought and measured with the number of likes. I know a few who actually fish for likes and agree that it is narcissistic. The article did not mention of people who use social media to cope with stress. Some use social media to rant about their day or even air dirty laundry. There are quite a few habitual offenders I know of that turn social me...
 (Total 136 words)
I have encountered similar researches which similar conclusions. Social media posts are generally reflective of how we want to be perceived as an individual. In fact, sometimes people habitually post everything that they do that it is actually indicative of a personality disorder already. Some will post all their meals, their outfits of the day, places they went to, basically everything that they did in the entire day. I have a friend who posts like this and she claims that it makes her feel goo...
 (Total 121 words)