General

What are you watching right now?

Created by:

15 Aug 2016 - General

Recommend some good series/ movies to watch. :)

I am watching a new series, The Stranger Things. I'm halfway through the first season, which only has 8 episodes for season 1, and I like the cinematography and how the story unfolds so far. If you're into badass little girls and mysterious sci-fi monsters, this series is for you.

Set in the 80's, this story is about a missing boy and how her mother (Winona Ryder) and a cop battled their way to find his son. It has a lot of scifi content, action, bit of comedy, drama and mystery. I can't say much about the series and how things would connect but basically that's it.

A netflix original, I am not into scifi and action but I admit that I am impressed with this one.

I am also watching Lost, trying to catch up with Parks and Rec and Big Bang Theory.

Theekshana Abayawickrama: I just realized that I also watch The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead as well. They are on hiatus right now so I forgot. Anyway, I remember with The Walking Dead there was a time when the official page in Facebook released a really bad spoiler immediately after it aired in the West Coast of the US. They showed a picture of a main character who died as she was being carried away wit...
 (Total 102 words)
Jennifer Winter Haha yeah I also used to avoid social media sites while I was watching a TV series called 'Revolution'. My television service provider does not have rights to telecast that show in my country. There was no other way to watch it online, so I had to wait till an episode finished telecasting for some generous soul to upload it so I can download and watch. But people on social media sites, mai...
 (Total 102 words)
Mark Edmon Tan: How could I forget Modern Family? I love Cameron and Mitchel..and of course Gloria. That woman is too funny :) Alan Rosmadi: I do randomly watch American Dad and Family Guy but between the two I like Family Guy better as Stewie is adorable. Though if I had to choose the best cartoon in that genre I would say The Si...
 (Total 118 words)
BIG BANG THEORY! OMG!! my favourite comedy drama of all time! I love how Sheldon can be so annoying yet funny! All the other characters are just fun, makes you feel homely and just makes me feel like jumping into the group and you'll know that you can blend in. haha!! but i finished watching 2 broke girls. I hop they come up with more of dramas like these, cause all the new comedies are kinda boring. For animation, i like watching Family Guy and American Dad. It is just so hilarious. It is a...
 (Total 148 words)
Ziwei Xie I'm also watching Dark Matter! I'm still in season one though. I was going through scifi TV shows to pick one to watch and the theme and story line of this show caught my eye. And I'm really starting to like the show (And no spoilers please :D) I prefer to find TV shows that have finished so that I can watch all the episodes back to back. I hate live shows because waiting fro one week to see...
 (Total 106 words)
I would really recommend Mr. Robot. It is a heist that is taking place in the modern times. A group of techies are trying to wipe off the general population's debts by robbing the top 1% of the 1% richest population in the world. Penny Dreadful is interesting for those who like vampires and werewolves. Suits is also a good show. I have always wondered what it is like to be in a lawyer's world and it seems like a lot of stress haha! No one can go wrong with recommending Modern Family too!...
 (Total 126 words)
I've finished Stranger Things two weeks ago. Right now I'm jumping to different shows. I don't usually do this but since I haven't found something really engaging since I finished "Stranger Things" I am watching "Descendants of the Sun" with my assistant when we're having lunch in the clinic. I am also watching "Call the Midwife" and "Brooklyn 99". And if that's not too much my Netflix is on "The 100". Do I have a life? Ha...
 (Total 180 words)
I was just about to start watching "Stranger Things" earlier but the connection to my TV was acting up. I am definitely going to watch that though. I am huge Sci-fi, High Fantasy fan so I feel I will really enjoy that. I just finished watching "Narcos" season 1 (another Netflix Original) which revolves around the life of Pablo Escobar. It is really amazing to watch and I felt very sorry for the people in the story only to realize later that this is basically the situation now...
 (Total 284 words)
I am watching dark matter season 2. waiting for the new season of Big Bang theory . Nothing interesting recently. Surprisingly I enjoy 2 broke girls something which I am not proud of coming from a guy. Dark matter is set in the space age where interstellar travel is common. The main characters are a bunch of ex criminals who lost their memory and try to set their pass right by acting as vigilantes. Other dramas I recently watched are green arrow, game of throne and teachers. my favoirite drama h...
 (Total 165 words)