General
Legislator proposes financial perks for village health workers

Legislator proposes financial perks for village health workers

Shared by:

Recognising the crucial role they play in the helping take care of the health of community residents, especially in remote towns, a legislator is proposing a measure that would grant additional incentives to barangay health workers (BHW). including a fixed monthly allowance.

today.mims.com

16 Aug 2016 - General

I am not aware that barangay health workers are not getting paid. Is anyone here knowledgeable about this? That is quite unfair because the government is making them work without substantial renumeration. I think the bill should be passed, but I do not agree to the amount. That amount is too small to sustain a living - - - what more if these health workers have families? Volunteerism is good, but if these workers are doing these things regularly for the government, then they should get an approp...
 (Total 131 words)
Let this bill be passed and soon to be approved! I salute those who are working in the community, travelling from a far and rendering services without being well compensated at all. Though the proposed budget isn't that much but better to have something than nothing at all. I have friends working in far flung areas including nurses and BHW's. They go into remote areas where technology and electricity is not even present. I hope just these individuals must visit regularly those who are in...
 (Total 147 words)