General
Comic of the day (16 August 20160): An emergency

Comic of the day (16 August 20160): An emergency

Shared by:

An emergency

today.mims.com

16 Aug 2016 - General

This is such a hilarious comic art Maria Cristina Inserto haha! Oh my, the emergency ward is full of simple to complex cases. Younger colleagues might judge that a certain case is meant for outpatient consult; however, we should not only assess the illness but also the patient. May be the real emergency is the patient's state of mind. It is probably his/her anxiety about that nagging foot pain or that heartbur...
 (Total 117 words)
Oh I can think of several sarcastic smart ass answers for this. Do you consider yourself an emergency? If dying is an emergency, then yes. Do you consider yourself an emergency? Why would I go to the emergency room if it wasn't. Do you consider yourself an emergency? Sometimes I am needy. Do you consider yourself an emergency? No. Please direct me to your morgue. haha. Ok so I never encountered this question in practice as I think it is unnecessary. We can triage our patients without aski...
 (Total 164 words)
"Do you consider yourself an emergency?" LOL. Let me go back to my interpretation of the comic, later, because this reminded me of when my mom was hospitalized for a hysterectomy. During rounds, she would always be asked, "How would you rate your pain from 1-10" And she was asked that question so many times and up until the end she couldn't give the nurse a number and said, "I'm in so much pain. I don't know how much. You figure it out!" And we all laugh...
 (Total 185 words)