General

Roundtable Discussion: What is your go-to-food?

Created by:

16 Aug 2016 - General

photo from panlasangpinoyrecipes.com

Disclaimer: I am not promoting or intend to promote any product with this article.

Planning what food you would eat for lunch or dinner during or after an errand-filled hospital day is very hard to do due to fatigue. This is especially true when I was still a medical clerk where errands never seemed to stop. Thinking about choices to nourish myself became another burden to think of. To counter this additional burden, I thought of the food that I can eat at any time of the day. Heck, I found a food that I can eat every single day of my life. I called this the go-to-food. In case of severe stress, fatigue, or hunger where judgment would become impaired, I decided that I would order the Philippines's finest fried chicken - Chickenjoy. This chicken is so good because it has great crispy coating, avaiable in spicy variant, and has succulent and tasty meat as well. It is blasphemy for anyone to hate this good piece of chicken in my opinion. :)) Having this go-to-food saved me from crumbling during toxic hours as it ensured that I will get appropriate nourishment to power me through the rest of the day. Believe it or not, my wife and I have the same go-to-food too!

For the MIMS community, what has been that one go-to-food for you throughout your medical career?

Mark Edmon Tan: If we are talking the unhealthy kind (like there are healthy fries haha) I would say McDonalds. So not that flavored kind. I have always loved eating fries or any potato dish. It is definitely my happy food. Give me a bag of fries when I am stressed and it will at least ease away some of my hardships. :D ...
 (Total 92 words)
Marinelle Castro Nope, haven't heard of it before. I am sure they will start business in Sri Lanka soon too. We have a really good fast food customer base :D I just had a look at Jollibee food menu, They have a pretty good spread of different types of burgers and chicken. Mouthwatering! :D Mark Edmon Tan It is indeed a mighty...
 (Total 105 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama That sounds like a mighty meal to keep you full. Yes, it's from a very popular fastfood chain in the Philippines.You can't go wrong with KFC chicken too. I think fried chicken will make do for guys everyday. haha Marinelle Castro Of course, who could forget simple life milk tea. It's now called ...
 (Total 181 words)
Haha, I will peel off the skin and just eat the meat inside. For me is fine dining: a good piece of USDA ribeye steak from Cut, Peter Luger, Abe and Louie, or Mortons; uni (sea urchin) from a high end-Japanese restaurant, or some degustation menu that can lighten up my spirits from work. Fried chicken, pizza, fast food are just food to me to keep me from having an empty stomach causing gastritis. I guess I am someone who live to eat, not eat to live; even though sometimes I am really too busy to...
 (Total 112 words)
My go-to food is always PIZZA. Not really my go-to food that's just my favorite food. Basically I love to eat and food makes me happy. So when I'm exhausted by body will really look for something to eat and I eat almost anything. But if I am to pick one food that I can eat forever, it will be PIZZA. Believe-it-or-not I do not eat rice. Well I do, but unlike most Filipinos, I do not need and look for it. I, however, cannot resist pizza and pasta (my ultimate life source). When I was in De...
 (Total 170 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama That's not from KFC, Its from a local fastfood chain calld Jollibee. I'm not sure if you have heard of it since they also have stores all over the world. Mark Edmon Tan If its fastfood, I always go for burger and fries. I know its so unhealthy but its quick to eat! I also like having wraps, sandwic...
 (Total 122 words)
In Singapore we have such a wide variety of food and it is a lot of work just to decide what to eat. haha.. Well, lets start with my malay food, i love having MEE REBUS. It is actually yellow noodles that is added with beansprout and an egg with a thick delicious gravy on top. Next is chinese food, i have days when i have YONG TAU FOO, it is actually a showcase of vegetables and meat that you can select from and once you select it, it is boiled and served in a bowl of soup. You can eaither have...
 (Total 135 words)
Is this the type of fried chicken they have at Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)?? The chicken in your post and the dish of gravy looks so similar to what we have here at KFC. Well, for my go-to-food, it is always the 'Two piece chicken meal' at KFC. It has two pieces of crispy fried chicken which as you described has a crispy coating and tasty meat. The meal also comes with some tandoori rice and two small dishes of gravy and vegetable salad. I really love this meal, and so does my girlfrien...
 (Total 114 words)