General

Fruits that are good for digestion

Created by:

17 Aug 2016 - General

RASPBERRIES

Just 1 cup of raspberries contain 8g of fiber, that is almost a third of the fiber most of us need for an entire day. They are also lower in sugar than most fruits which can be a great choice for anyone watching their blood sugars like diabetics or simply those on a fat loss plan like me.

APPLES

“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” a famous phrase used by parents all over the world to get their little ones to eat fruit.Having a healthy digestive tract is imperative for our overall health, it’s how our bodies absorb and utilize all those amazing nutrients we consume. Apples contain a unique type of fiber called pectin, which has been shown to help improve digestion because of it’s soluble nature and ability to bind to cholesterol or toxins in the body.

PRUNES

Prunes are simply dried plums. One of the most well known digestive friendly fruits out there due to their natural laxative effect on the body. Interestingly prunes contain a compound called dihydroxyphenyl isatin which helps stimulate the intestines to contract and move.

BANANA

Not only do bananas contain fiber (about 3-4g of fiber per banana), but also contain that special fiber called pectin which has been shown to help decrease and heal stomach ulcers as well as providing a healthy dose of prebiotics for our bodies to utilize as food for the good bacteria in our guts.

AVOCADOS

Avocados are on my list of good digestive friendly “fruits” as well, even though I categorize avocados as a healthy fat. Avocados contain great amounts of fiber as well as healthy fats to keep our digestion moving along and lubricated. 

I'll take note of this list. It is interesting to know that apples actually aid in bowel movement. I have always thought otherwise because it is included in the BRAT diet for those suffering from loose stools. May I add papayas to the list Alan Rosmadi ? Papayas are very effective in promoting bowel movement. It contains the protein-digesting enzyme called papain that helps prevent constipation. A little rem...
 (Total 103 words)
Avocados are all over the Philippines nowadays Theekshana Abayawickrama, you should come here. Just last week there were avocodos at home and we made shakes. That's a cute story about you asking your parents for your apple for the day. I like fruits. I usually have 1-2 days that I take a smoothie or fruit shake for the entire day and just a light meal (usually vegetable). I label it as my "cleansing day&q...
 (Total 118 words)
That is sad but but i am glad you are brought up by your parents with such great care. What needs to be done is start taking action to alter your diet in order for you to get a proper routine of your digestive system. I always have people coming to me asking to laxatives, but upon investigation, i find out that they have an imbalanced diet which causes these obstructions and delay in digestions. Well ...
 (Total 119 words)
As a kid my parents used to tell me that phrase. 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away' I hated going to doctors because I am so afraid of getting pricked by needles, a fear that I have not got over with yet. And taking pills was also one of my nightmares. So I used to eat fruits everyday. I remember asking my parents 'where's my apple today' :D Raspberries don't grow here and is not widely available, apart from that all the other fruits I really loved to eat. I would st...
 (Total 104 words)