General
People who read books live almost 2 years longer, study finds

People who read books live almost 2 years longer, study finds

Shared by:

Good news, bookworms: a new study has revealed that those who read for at least 30 minutes each day are more likely to enjoy a longer life.

www.sciencealert.com

18 Aug 2016 - General

Mark Edmon Tan "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum" wow it sounds like a nice book to read when I'm on a vacation. (Which sadly is a rare occurrence) I searched for the book online by its name and had a look at an outline of the book on the internet. It really seems interesting and engaging. There are nice and meaningful quotes taken up from the book as well. Just ...
 (Total 103 words)
Jennifer Winter "When I pick up a magazine I hardly read anything but flip through the pictures, end up staring at ads, and get tempted to buy stuff" Haha I couldn't say it myself better. That is the same thing that happens to me when I start reading a magazine / newspaper. The headline or the title of the article basically bores me, and I just glance through the images and finally get caught up at ...
 (Total 108 words)
Another reassurance that I shall live to see myself turn into a prune. I have heard a lot from a few elders that reading keeps you from getting dementia. I always thought that this made a lot of sense and apparently a 2003 study supports this. Reading is definitely stress relieving, unless you are reading a medical textbook. The article said that "the study found that reading books was much more likely to increase a person's lifespan than reading newspapers or magazines.", again th...
 (Total 178 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama "considering the time medical students and other trainee healthcare professionals spend reading textbooks, we must be immortal!" I was thinking about that too! haha. It's good to read a lot because the mind stays sharp. For non-fictional books, my personal favorite is All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum. It contains powerful and deep insights...
 (Total 131 words)
Good news, bookworms: a new study has revealed that those who read for at least 30 minutes each day are more likely to enjoy a longer life! I used to read story books a lot as a kid, but haven't read an engaging book in a long time. I guess it is time to open the closet and take back those old novels that I haven't seen in years This study however does not mention what type of books make you live the longest. I'm sure medical textbooks do not count, because considering the time medi...
 (Total 110 words)