General
High-heeled shoes weaken ankles, stiffen heel cord

High-heeled shoes weaken ankles, stiffen heel cord

Shared by:

Wearing high heel pumps or court shoes for longer hours may cause bunions, musculoskeletal pain and injury, according to a recent review.

today.mims.com

19 Aug 2016 - General

Alan Rosmadi Ya those inserts definitely help but not as much as you would hope them to be. You can cushion the beautiful pumps all you want but the pain and pressure it brings on your back, legs and feet won't really change. Work places the require their staff to wear heels should update their dress code as it seems to very outdated. Heels are not meant to work in. Most women who work in offices would carry ...
 (Total 144 words)
Being pretty is hard. I always tell my fiance to rest her feet every time she reaches work or even wear her flats when she is at her office. I love seeing women in heels but i sometimes feel bad and sad for them when they have to wear such high heels to either match the clothes they are wearing or to simply look good. Exercising you feet would strengthen the muscles to decrease the risk of getting injured or weakens the ankles. By exercising also provides the women a better confidence when walki...
 (Total 164 words)
Mark Edmon Tan: oh yes there are definite pros to wearing pumps haha. It definitely has more cons to it than pros. I used to wear heels during med school but that wasn't too much of an issue as all we did back then was walk to classrooms and sit for hours listening to lectures. I did experience a lot of low back pain back then which I know was due to wearing heels so around third year med school I made a slow...
 (Total 191 words)
Oh beauty is pain! When some patients really want teeth whitening and their only worry is the teeth sensitivity, I say: "Well, no pain no gain!". Hey I'm just kidding. The pain in teeth whitening is subjective and is temporary--but yeah, it's part of the compromise. Back to heels---On a daily basis, I wear flats in the clinic. I like comfort over anything, so I always use flats. But sometimes I feel like dressing up, so I would wear tolerable heels to work. When going out for ...
 (Total 165 words)
Jennifer Winter "Beauty is pain people :D" That's the only way to explain why people still wear heels. haha Even men are wearing shoes that augment height albeit secluded. I still don't understand why people compromise posture and comfort for an additional inch or two increase in height. High heels result to 1.) tight Achilles tendons due to continuous plantar flexion. The tendons become shorte...
 (Total 143 words)
There was discussion we had here before about an article which claimed that wearing high heeled shoes increases the risk for cancer. We are aware that wearing heels is bad for posture and is a leading cause of low back pain. Heels cause the development of bunions and simply put is not a healthy foot wear. Us women do not find comfort in wearing heels. They are extremely painful and uncomfortable but they look real good. :) I do not wear high heels on a daily basis anymore but when it comes to fo...
 (Total 158 words)