General
14 oddest jobs in the world of healthcare

14 oddest jobs in the world of healthcare

Shared by:

There are extremely odd jobs in the world of healthcare, ranging from a sex surrogate to a scatalogist (aka poop doctor). Here are 14 of the most unusual jobs in the realm of healthcare.

today.mims.com

21 Aug 2016 - General

Wow! interesting jobs that i probably should get into. I like the snake-milker. It would interesting to know how people get to be hired for these jobs. Is there a degree that you need to take up or just based on experience. But honestly, not everyone would have the capabilities to do such jobs. It would be great to probably talk to someone with the following jobs. Other then a travel phlebotomy which is quite common nowadays. My next big question is how much are they making a year? Is it intere...
 (Total 115 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Yes, I think the lay terms/ names given to describe such professions seem to make them appear funnier and weirder :) Though these jobs do really exist, some are just really described in funny ways, maybe for the average lay person to understand. Maria Cristina Inserto Haha, yes I agree that travelling is on...
 (Total 114 words)
Oh my, I wanna do a lot of these jobs. But mostly I want to be an art or music therapist, medical illustrator or laughter therapist (aka as comedian)--I think I am a good comedian. I also want to be a travelling phelbotomist, just because he gets to travel. So I can also be assigned as a travelling music therapist etc. Haha. But anyway I used to watch this TV series "Masters of Sex"--it's a show about a doctor who studies sex and it was set in the 60s, I think--I can't remembe...
 (Total 153 words)
Haha it is actually very funny. Some of these jobs that are described here, I never even thought existed. For example the master sniffer. I can't figure out why it is so important for someone to make sure that the stuff that goes into space doesn't 'smell'. Perhaps this has something to do with identifying the release of chemical compounds into the air that may later cause problems. These jobs sound really weird. I think that's mostly becuase of the weird names the writer has...
 (Total 94 words)
On a lighter note, here’s an interesting read. If there are odd jobs in other fields, here are some of them in the health care field. Some of these may sound ridiculous or be downright weird, (the “egg broker” sounded quite suspicious to me, along with “master sniffer,” haha) but I’m guessing that they do play very valid roles, especially in extreme or rare cases where patients need help, like in the case of a sleep technologist or a scatologist. Maybe some of us here could do music, art or laug...
 (Total 103 words)